1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy But Worried...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MunsterMash, Sep 1, 2011.

1. MunsterMash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everybody! So, I recently came out to a few more (work) friends of mine and it was such a relief! The three I told said that they all wondered whether I was or not. But here's my rather vague issue. While I do feel more relieved with the more people I come out to, at the same time that happiness is surrounded by a lot of worry that I can't necessarily pin down. I'm not exactly sure what I'm worried about, but I definitely am feeling that way. Maybe I'm just trying to come to grips with more people knowing my secret? It also doesn't help that I found out (through the work friends I came out to) that a girl I work with had a crush on me, and since she found out she's distanced herself from me. With that particular situation I can't help but feel bad, even though I know there was no way I could have controlled or contributed to that situation. Wow, I started to ramble quickly! My main question is when any of you came out was your happiness coupled with a sense of vague worry?

P.S. Also, even though I realize its completely ludicrous, my mind occasionally still tries to desperately lob thoughts at me like, "What if you're straight?!" They are the most annoying thoughts in the world! It's like my mind every now and then decides to sabotage itself even though the truth of who I am is undoubtedly sure. I just had to get that mini-rant out of my system. Thanks!

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Yeah, alot of times I came out to friends I felt unsure if whether I could trust them, and sometimes some people are really careless or oblivious to people's feeling and might bring it up to others,that has happened to me more than once by the same person and it's not like she doesn't understand how something like should not be told to others because she herself is bisexual but she just didn't understand me. It was very annoying, and she said it when I wasn't around but luckily my friends told her to shut up. So it's better to come out only to your best friends first, family, and then acquaintences last.