1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coping with a fetish

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by faultyat40, Sep 2, 2011.

1. faultyat40

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always been a bit obsessive about things, but I have a strong fetish that is getting a bit out of control. Are you in a similar position ? How do you cope? D you indulge yourself or moderate?
    :confused:

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The answer to that all depends on the nature of your fetish. What do you mean when you say it's "getting out of control"? What do you have a fetish for? Is it legal? Morally questionable? Dangerous in any way? (If you don't feel answering those publicly, feel free to PM me.)

I myself have a very strong fetish that I choose not to indulge in for health reasons, and I sate that fetish by watching videos of people who do choose to indulge in it and masturbating to those. It's the kind of fetish that only seems like a good idea when I'm horny, and I resist it by convincing myself that I'll enjoy it more if I wait until I'm done masturbating to engage in that behavior. Of course, once I climax, it no longer seems like a good idea, so that allows me to resist engaging in it. Depending on the nature of your fetish, that might work for you, but it really depends on what your fetish is for, how strong it is, and what you mean when you say it's "getting out of control", which is why I asked those questions before.

3. faultyat40

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's nothing illegal or dangerous, but it consumes so much of my waking thoughts. It gets in the way of sex especially. Sex without it seems dull sometimes. I also get anxious when sex is in the offing about whether I'll get what I want

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

In that case, the best advice I can give is to be completely honest with your partner about what you need in bed. It's not uncommon for two people to have a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" kind of sexual relationship, so if your partner has a fetish of their own (and there are few true vanillas out there), assuming your fetish is reasonable, they'd probably be willing to indulge in it for you. A good sex partner enjoys knowing that their partner is enjoying themselves, so it's not an impossibility.