1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me as a friend, was he just being polite, or does he wanna be close?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Sep 2, 2011.

1. don29002

So I have a friend Tyler who I don't see often. We used to go to the same elementary school when we were kids but after middle school we lost touch and now we don't see each other anymore. I moved to a whole other town but Tyler's still in my old one and we talk on Facebook every day.
    One morning I decided I'd flirt with Tyler. I told him stuff I really thought about him.

I asked him stuff like "Tyler! do u think i'm sexy?" and he said "Hell yeah", and I said "Thanks u r too" and he said "Thanks";
    Today we took it up a notch. I asked him "Tyler do u love me as a friend?" and "Yes" and I said "Thanks ur super nice and ur cute" and he said "Thank you donald" and I said "Your welcome. what do you like about me?" and he said "your extremely funny" and I said thanks. Then here came the clicher: I told him "thanks" and then "Tyler u have nice eyes lol" and he just said "Thank you."

So by our conversation does he like me as a friend or more? He doesn't display his orientation on Facebook btw

Tomorrow I'm not gonna bring up the flirting anymore.... but I should just ask him if he's straight. Like most straight assholes in my town (Tyler is not one of them) he'll say yes. I know. I always get attached, tell somebody I like them and they always tell me their straight. Since I've been hurt too much by straight guys in my town, after this I won't look for love but I won't let love in.....

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

:/ well since it's over facebook you wouldn't know if he felt uncomfortable during that conversation but he sounds like the kind of person that would accept you if he knew you were bisexual :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I think what will happen if you ask him if he's straight, will be that he will suspect you are too since you been recently giving him lots of compliments like that but I'm not sure really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. jimL

Would a straight guy answer "Hell yea" to the question "Tyler! do u think i'm sexy?". Unlikely!

4. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know plenty who would, because they're goofballs and comfortable enough with their sexuality that they don't mind doing or saying homoerotic things for the hell of it.

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Yea, if they're friends they would. I've seen it happen a couple of times at my school between two guys that are friends but they were just joking.

6. Danny19

i actually had some guy friends who would be like hey sexy. lol. i dont think it bothered them to talk like that. one time i hugged this girl and one of my guy friends all of a sudden shouted " oh my god! are you cheating on me?" hahaha it was funny. :lol:

oh and to answer your question. maybe you shouldnt ask. He probably felt uncomfortable in the convo. Maybe take it slow, dont just ask him straight up. I know if i were gay and people would be on me asking if i were a gay i would feel uncomfortable and just deny it. if he is then he will tell you when he is ready

7. don29002

I haven't talked to him probably since I made this post in September. Now I'm wondering what if...