1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big fight with my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pirateninja, Nov 28, 2007.

1. pirateninja

I'm just so damn fed up of her. She tries to ruin everything for everybody. She hates me, my mom's boyfriend and my dad's girlfriend. If she had her way, she'd have mom and dad back together and all to herself. She's just got such a "princess" attitude as if she's the only person in the world who matters. She despises everything that's "not normal", including me, saying I ruin her life for being gay. She claims mom and dad ruined her life for splitting up. As if she's the only one that suffered! As if it didn't hurt mom or dad or me either!

It was a stupid row. I asked dad for some money so I could go Christmas shopping and then asked if he still owed me money for passing all my GCSEs. Of course then, she completely flips out "You gave her money! You didn't give me any for passing my SATS!" I didn't get any for that either! So she whines and mopes about not ever having any money. It's not like mom and dad make tons! And they have to pay for separate houses and stuff now so they're not fucking loaded! I get less money than her in the long run anyway so I have no idea what she's moaning about, selfish bastard. And then she has the nerve to go on at me, saying "They were crap results anyway." I'd like to see her do any better! I'm still a bit sensitive about my results; I didn't get any A*s, just Bs and 1 A, which isn't brilliant and completely inferior to my friends but I fucking passed them all and she just tries to spite me at any chance she gets.

Unfortunately the row reached fever pitch and dad got involved, so he shipped her off to mom's. So I bet she's pouring some poison in mom's ear about how I provoked her, probably was violent to her etc and I'm gonna get my head bitten off when I go to mom's for "not being mature" and "not controlling my temper". But Mom and Dad are fed up with her too, she's just such a complete bitch to everyone, including Mom and Dad. Constantly answering back and stropping if she doesn't get what she demands. She claims "I have to put up with you being a fag so you have to put up with me answering back and arguing." It's completely fucking different!

Don't get me wrong, sometimes we have a laugh and get on well but when she's in one of her moods (90% of the time) she's just unbearable. Unfortunately my parents won't allow us to not be at the same house so I have to live with her more than they do anyway.

Ugh, feeling slightly better now she's gone, and on the plus side, with her gone I finally fixed the modem on my dad's computer, so I can now access EC from my dad's now.

Sorry if I seem such a whiner, but I'm completely fed up and needed to get this off my chest. And wondering how you guys would deal with it.

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:***: :***: .. What a selfish!! Bitch! thats all i have to say

3. Astaroth

Kill herrr.errr..errrrrrr.... I mean, try to be the bigger person. Yeah, that's it.

I didn't catch whether she's a younger or elder sister, but I'm guessing that she's younger than you. It would explain some of her princess tendencies. My youngest brother is the same way. "Mom, I need some gas money!" (Like I ever got that!) "Dad, I want to go skiing. Can I have $20?" (*rolls eyes*) Almost every older sibiling goes through this unless the parents are exceptionally distant to all of the kids. As for your sister saying that she "has to put up with a fag" and your parent's divorce and new relationships, it sounds like she's bottling up her anger at uncontrollable circumstances to hide her own insecurities. She's attacking anything else aside from her that isn't perfect in her eyes. It sounds to me like your parents are doing just fine now that they're separated. It sounds like you're coping with yourself. In my opinion, she either is trying to pull the attention back to her by going into hystrionics and lashing out, or she's camouflaging her own flaws by trying to inflame the differences around her (not flaws... differences... your sexual orientation isn't a flaw, nor is your parent's situation). Thankfully, you don't have to be around your sister forever. Pretty soon, one or both of you will move out, and this will all be behind you (except for family gatherings... :dry: ), so if you can put up with it stoicly for now, just realize that in the end she'll get the wake-up call she needs and it won't be egg on your face when it happens.

*blinks* I felt like I was channeling Dear Abby or something for a while there. :roflmao:

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yeah b the bigger person and teach her a lesson:grin:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Can I ask how old your sister is? Hormones may be playing a huge part in her moods.

6. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

This situation sounds JUST like the one I'm in. Believe me, you're not the only child of divorced parents with an extremely immature sibiling. Just be the bigger person. When she's older and has matured a little, she'll realize how horrible she is acting.

7. Louise

I agree with everyone here but will just add that saying be the bigger person is easier said than done, especially when it is so unfair.

I can't believe your sister would say such a hurtfull thing to you about putting up with a fag:icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad: Have you talked to your parents about this?

Sibling rivalry is one thing but that goes beyond all acceptable limits. Maybe your parents could set some house rules that they inforce in both homes. No one whatever their ages or situation in the family has the right to be insulting and rude. You are not an authority figure in your sister's life so you cannot impose this rule but your parents could if you can explain to them what you feel inside when she comes out with her rapier sharp tongue.

8. pirateninja

She's 12, pretending she's 16, with the tantrums of a 5 year old. Yes, I am the older sibling.

9. Louise

Is there a specific reason that your parents won't let you be separated? or could this be negociated. It must be very tiring for your parents to have you to at each other's throats for most of the time.

In the mean time, try not to let it get you down, spend as much of your time as you can doing your homework in your room (if you have a room of your own) and then go out with your mates and have fun, then you won't be with her too much and things might settle down a bit.

It sounds to me as though she is just annoying you for the fun of annoying you because she knows she will get a lot of attention over it. Try your best to ignore her. Easier said than done I know. :kiss:

10. pirateninja

Because "we have the same blood and it hurts seeing us not able to co-exist in the same house together" but surely it can't be much better seeing knocking seven bells out of each other. I'm not gonna lie, I must be pretty frustrating for her to live with as well but I just find it difficult to get on with her when she goes off on one. In all honesty though she probably is the cause for most of the arguments and usually the one begging my forgiveness, although sometimes its hard to forgive especially if it's the 5 millionth time.

11. Zak

Zak

She is full of herself anf just ignore her, thats what I do with my sis even though she don't know Im gay.

12. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My sister was just like that when she was 12 and it is horribly infuriating. They way I eventually learned to deal with it is to stay calm and act completely rational when she starts provoking you. It can be incredibly hard to do, but if you can manage it, it's well worth the effort. This way, you have the high ground in any fights, it will most likely make your sister crazy that she can't get a rise out of you, and maybe your parents will be able to see how out of control your sister has been lately if you can show that you didn't provoke her.