1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excited...but Nervous!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by acd92, Sep 2, 2011.

1. acd92

Hey everyone,

So the reason why I haven't been on here as much is because college has started and it's been keeping me insanely busy! I'm practicing for my vocal performance audition in November, and it's basically eating my life. So, to all of you wonderful people, HELLO!

I'm in need of some quick advice.

So I'm fully out, via a note on Facebook, but still out nonetheless. To anyone who asks, "are you...?" I'll reply, "yep, I'm bisexual, and I think it's pretty awesome!" I've gotten to the point where I'm really comfortable with my sexuality, and I'll talk about guys and/or girls in public no matter who's around. My parents are kind of in denial about this whole deal, but that's a whole other story.

So I think I want to go to one of the LBTQA events at my school (I go to college) but I'm still kind of nervous about going...like I really wouldn't know what to say or where to start or anything...but I really don't know how else I would meet gay/bi guys, so maybe I just need to muster up the courage to go? I also don't know why this is such a big deal to me, since I've already come out to everyone, too! I confuse myself a lot...

Anyway, any advice for me? Thanks in advance everybody!

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm kind of late to the thread, but in case you haven't gone yet here is my post :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I say go for it! I know its scary as heck and it feels like it will be the most uncomfortable experience in your life, but push yourself and go for it. You can learn so much about yourself by going and if you don't like it or it isn't' for you then you don't lose a thing.

New experiences can be scary stuff. I have been nervous as heck to go to my first pride parade, first club, first LGBT meeting, event and the list goes on and on. Look it at as coming out. Looks way scarier than it really is after the fact, right? Same thing applies :slight_smile:

3. feelindown

feelindown Guest

go and meet other positive people your age. better to start there with a good foundation of non-club scene people than to start at the clubs.

4. acd92

Awh! Thank you so much! No, I haven't gone yet, since the event for those of a bisexual orientation isn't until November, so I'll let you know how it goes then! Please send me a friend request or something of that nature so I don't forget!! You're right...haha, it's kind of like my audition; better try than not at all and miss out! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

5. Gallatin

I'm late to the party, but I'll still offer my two cents...

I'm kind of in a situation similar to you. I'm very nervous about going to my school's LGBT club, but I'm trying to rally the courage to go to the meeting this weekend. I realized that the major reason I'm probably afraid of going (aside from not doing well with meeting new people and new things) is that I didn't really know any LGBT people at my school. Naturally I then realized that the one of the only ways to meet any was going to be to go the club meeting!

And what TheEdend said is so true - you won't know until you try it, right?