1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not trying hard enough

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Sep 2, 2011.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yesterday I had one of those "I dont want to be gay anymore" days I have sometimes, and I was thinking about how I am not attracted to girls. I thought "Im not trying hard enough, if i commited myself to it I would be able to be attracted to girls" but then another thought came to my mind, why do I have to even try? why cant it be something that just happens naturally? like with most of my friends. Its really frustrating sometimes

I know its ridiculous, but Im still having a hard time accepting it. I mean someday Im like whatever, just deal with it, but others, especially with my friends, where all we talk about is women, It really pisses me off that nothing I say is real. I must say people buy it lol, but it gets more and more difficult cause its not real!!

So just out of curiosity, if someone really commits to being attracted to women (if he´s gay), could he achieve it?

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, it's okay to feel frustrated and annoyed. You're not alone and it's not ridiculous to have a hard time accepting it. I feel like that too sometimes. I don't think it's possible for you to force yourself into liking girls. It doesn't come naturally to you to like girls because you're attracted to guys. There's nothing wrong with that. I've tried to force myself into liking guys but it just doesn't work. I wish sometimes I could change but it seems impossible. If you ever want to talk you can always message me. You are who you are and I know it sucks sometimes to be gay but we can't help who we are attracted to.