1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In All Honesty...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LegitRomance, Sep 2, 2011.

1. LegitRomance

I've been feeling rather depressed lately.

And it's just been within the past few weeks, I haven't had many changes in my life besides moving, which I'm used to, and starting online school, which I'm obsessed with getting ahead.

But lately I'd been getting urges, stupid ones too. A perfect example would be a few days ago I was rock climbing with older sister, who ditched me for some random guy she had just met, and I pulled off the harness and stood on the edge of cliff thinking about jumping.

I've also already tried cutting, hello addiction. :/

I am such a lost soul >.>

2. J Snow

Well, I see you are only 14, and let me say that I had a lot of the same feelings when I was that age. I can assure you that you have a LOT to live for yet, and I know a lot of people say things get better after High School. That's true, but what a lot of people don't say is that you probably don't have to wait that long. When I was feeling really depressed in high school, it was only 6 months later I was in the happiest state of my life I might have ever been in.

If these thoughts persist I would encourage you to tell someone. It doesn't have to be your parents, but try venting to a friend or something. It would be helpful to talk to, and chances are they'll feel good that you trusted them enough to come to them and I think it could be positive all around. You have so much potential for happiness in life though and there is no reason not to live it to the fullest : )

3. Mogget

You need therapy. Possibly medication as well, but anti-depressants can be risky at your age. Definitely therapy, though.

4. LegitRomance

I would get therapy, but when I told my mother all she said was "Get a job and pay for it yourself like everyone else in the world does" >.>

5. Uniboth

Your mom sounds funny talk to her. Talk to people! Talk to anyone, school counselors, teachers, principals. You might have some issues with things you can't understand. You need to find out what those things are. It's hard to figure it out by yourself, so find some willing ears and get them to help you out. Talk to us... dish out everything you think might be bothering you. Do it anonymously if you have to!

You're walking a thin line with your urges...don't let it get out of hands!

6. jddvtm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    if i were to give you advice, it would be that you need an emotional education. being ditched would make ANYONE want to jump off the cliff at that time. What your older sisters did was WRONG. You have a few things going on. Sexuality I am guessing, and jealousy, and what they did was downright WRONG. Being upset with that is normal, and you need to TELL THEM that it made you upset and that it was WRONG. Your sisters sound selfish.