1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help asking out guy at school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zak, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Zak

Zak

I am too scared to ask him out and need advice. I don't want everyone to know im gay No one will like me at school anymore. Since I dicovered I was gay, I have been in a depresion that no one will every love me!!!!:tears: :tears:

2. Zak

Zak

Also I don't think my dad and mom will accept me!!

3. Grof142007

Meh Dont be scared do u know he gay? if so i say just go ask him. Is the person Openly out?

4. Zak

Zak

He is not gay. I hope he is. what should I do?

5. Astaroth

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I would recommend not asking this guy out quite yet. If you haven't come out to anyone else and you get a negative response from him, it will probably be very difficult to deal with. Plus, even if you did ask him out and he said yes, news would get out at your school sooner or later. It might be a good idea to come out to a few close friends first so you at least have a support system. Since you don't even know if he's gay or bisexual yet, you might instead want to just make him a friend first (if he isn't already). See if you get along well. Test the waters first and find out what he thinks about gays. At that point, you can probably figure out whether or not to ask him out.

That's my advice. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but if you haven't come out to anyone yet, asking out another guy is going to be even more difficult.

6. Zak

Zak

k, we r really close friends.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Astaroth put it well. Come out to your closest friends first, but only the ones who are accepting of gay people. When you get to know this guy better, try asking him what he thinks about gays/lesbians. If he seems to be ok with them, try being mildly flirtatious with him. If he gets uncomfortable and asks what you're doing. Say "Sorry, don't know what I was thinking," or something to that affect.

8. Zak

Zak

he is my closest friend. i just sent the e-mail to my mom saying I was gay by the way. I dont rlly want to know the outcome but I know you waqnted to know.

9. justjoshoh

Whoa, slow down partner... You are coming out, trying to get a boyfriend, and keeping it a secret from the rest of the school. Life is an adventure, your sprinting the first 1/4 mile and forgetting about the rest of the marathon course. Since you've come out to your mom and sister if you are ready to continue on, the next step should be to just come out. Discretion is not something that is observed in schools. It wouldn't be long before people knew, if you were to ask another guy out. The speed of sound is quick, the speed of gossip is quicker though. After you've come out, if you are still interested in the guy and are getting queues from him, go ahead and ask him out. Remember though you don't need to run the fastest race in life, you just need to make sure that you remember the journey at the finish line.

10. Astaroth

^^ great advice!