1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry to double post

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by plaid900, Sep 3, 2011.

1. plaid900

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

Sorry to double post, but I've really been freaking out for the past 2 hours. I wrote my situation under 'Coming Out Stories' - the post is entitled 'Disappointed'

I probably should have posted it here as 1. more people read this forum and 2. I need support and advice.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey try not to panic too much. If I come out to people, whoever they may be and they react in a strange or slightly uneasy way, I think it is always important to remember that it could have come as quite a shock to them. I know for me it took me a long time to work out and accept that I was gay and then I expect people to accept and come to terms with it immediately. I know its not the same but people can react differently to shock.

It might not be bad to go for a drive, or perhaps even better a walk. Try not to over analyse it or think about it too much, you have given them the information so now you just need to go about life as normal and just see what happens for a day or so.

I think you said you were out to your friends, are any of them around, can you go and hang out with one of them for a bit, get a bit of support and take your mind off everything?