1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

math class + me + guy directly behind me = problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CluelessMe, Sep 4, 2011.

1. CluelessMe

In my Alebra II class there's this guy who sits directly behind me. he's nice to me but he makes a lot of gay jokes. none directly at me but at other guys in my class. he asked me if i was gay and i said yes. He said he was ok with it because he has a relative who is. the next day he comes in saying that he thinks im cute, still joking, then he tells me to blow kisses at different guys and i say no then he says why not don't you like dick. by this point im offended and want to knock this guy out. i'm really annoyed with this kid how do i deal with this?

2. faultyat40

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tough one. My advice is:
    1) try to understand that he probably has his own issues. He may be confused himself.
    2) try to keep some distance. Change seats if you can. His issues are not your problem and it doesn't sound like he can help you
    3) try to laugh it off. If he is confused he may react badly if you do.Getting angry will just create confrontation. He sounds like the sort of guy who will use your sexuality against you in a public argument.
    4) ask yourself why you were offended. You took offence, he didn't give it. Whilst oral sex may not be you're thing when you're ready for such things, dick licker isn't that offensive. There is far worse than that you'll here, by some way. Were you offended or just sensitive about you're emerging sexuality?

Good luck and don't give yourself a hard time. Sexuality is complicated and yours is unique to you, so take your time

#2 faultyat40, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  3. CluelessMe

i think i was a little sensitive.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's best to come at it from as a mature position as you can.

"Blow kisses at other guys." (Really?)
    "Yyyyeah, don't think so."
    "Don't you like dick?"
    "Well, you apparently like girls, but I don't see you blowing kisses at them. Besides, I'm gay, not indiscriminate."

Lex

5. CluelessMe

i like that one :slight_smile: thanks

6. Nollaig20

First off, you must try your hardest not to let the jokes get to you! It's good that he said he was okay with it, although contiuously making jokes isnt very accepting. He might be confused himself, taking attention away from himself and forcefully attaching it to someone else.

Can you move seats? Or maybe if you can, just say to him! '"Why not, dont you like dick?" I can imagine how that would make you uncomfortable. So maybe trying to move seats and keeping your distance from him would be the best idea.

Good luck :icon_bigg