1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well that hurt.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LegitRomance, Sep 4, 2011.

1. LegitRomance

After a full 24 hours of not sleeping and thinking I decided I'd tell a friend of mine in a different state about my sexuality (I just moved almost across the US last week)
    And now she doesn't want to be friends with me :/
    Yeah, that was definitely a great experience D:

2. I'm sorry it didn't go well. (*hug*)

Coming out is sometimes really hard and not everyone is cool about it, but I think a lot of people are surprised about how many people come out of the woodwork and support them when they come out--I know I was.

3. Katelynn

I'm so sorry things wth your friend didn't go well. (*hug*) I hope iit's just something that she is having a hard time with & that, in time, she'll come to realize you're exactly the same person you were before you came out to her. Sometimes people react badly at first & then they just need some time to understand & come to realize that nothing has changed. We're all her for ya, myself included! (&&&) If you need to vent, please don't hesitate to let me know, I'll be more than happy to listen.

4. Fiddledeedee

I am sorry it went badly. But remember that it may take time for her to come sround, and that her reaction is uncommon; I am out to my year/school, with 350 people in year 10 alone, and they have all reacted, perhaps not wonderfully but definitely not badly. I know it may seem like no-one will ever like you, but however hard it is please don't be discouraged. (*hug*)

5. Sadepeura

That sucks! How on earth can she say that? Did she actually say that she doesn't want to be friends with you anymore because you're gay??

Well to be honest, I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who didn't approve my sexuality. But it's a really hurtful when one of your friends turns their back to you. :frowning2:

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Lord, I thought you wrote "drinking" and I was about to lecture y'all on how 14 year olds shouldn't be doin' that shit.

The one, somewhat good thing about this situation is that you've moved far away from this girl, so you don't really need to worry about her anymore. Don't let her bring you down. You've already made an enormous stride for someone so young, and you should be proud of yourself. There will be people like her, but for the most part, people will be essentially indifferent, if not tolerant.

7. Beachboi92

is this the first person you came out to :frowning2: if so i'm really sorry that it ended up that way (*hug*) my advice to you is just try not to worry about it. People will come in and out of your life as you go. It's the people who stay with you through it all that are worth it. I know after my coming out i lost every friend i had but just like me you will find knew people who will love and accept you for who you are. As further advice i'd say just be careful if you are not out to anyone else yet. It is really important to find someone who is going to have your back through this period of your life even if it is someone you just met yesterday. I know my senior year my best friends became two random kids in my psych class because they where the people who loved and supported me when they found out. I know you will find people like that in your life and they will be there for you when you need them :slight_smile: the key is to just come out to them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Good luck and i hope your next experience is better (*hug*)

8. LegitRomance

Well I did end up telling one of my other friends, and she was okay with it, in fact she actually came over to my house to make sure I was gonna be okay >.>
    So I guess that was okay.