1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grrr!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by captainpatches, Sep 5, 2011.

1. captainpatches

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... I'm a junior in high school and basically I'm the only guy that is out at my school, however, I'm absolutley dying for a relationship!!!!! I know this is a bit broad, but what should I do? It really upsets me when I see all my straight friends in their relationships looking all happy and whatnot, and I think to myself that I want that really bad! Call me a baby if you want but sometimes I cry because I want to have what they have, but I'm just not getting it.:tears:

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Being out early in life can sometimes be pretty frustrating since most of the time not many people will be out around you, but don't worry too much because once college comes then its a completely different story for you. Until then, try to focus on you and be happy even if you are single, which is something that will help you not only now but for the rest of your life.

If you want a first relationship that is healthy, then the first thing is to do is to not go around looking for a boyfriend, but to look for a friend and then seeing if you would want something more with that person. A lot of the time people go into relationships only because that's their only option and those relationships often turn out to be their worst relationships. Don't make that mistake :slight_smile:

Do you know of any LGBT groups around your area? Maybe you can go to one and meet new people. Even if you don't find someone you like, you can at least find a friend who is gay and can relate to you more in the dating department. If you don't know of any groups then you can also contact an LGBT center near you which you can find here if you don't know of any in your area.

I know its can be extremely frustrating to not be dating, but don't let one thing stop you from enjoying the rest of your life :slight_smile:

3. maverick

Basically what TheEdend said. And be aware that as soon as you get out of high school, your dating pool gets MUCH better. So you can always take your "only queer in the village" status as an opportunity to groom yourself for awesomeness by the time you graduate and enter what us former students like to call "the real world".

4. captainpatches

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aha! Thanks so much u guys! I really appreciate it! I know the post was mostley a rant and stuff but it means a lot and I'm so happy I can have people that relate to me and my situations :slight_smile: