1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should my guy name be if i was trans(ftm)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by just b urself, Sep 7, 2011.

1. just b urself

Okay so ive been thinking and everything and in my last posts i was asking advice about being transgender(ftm)..how i think i am one and if everyone thinks its weird that im just now thinking like this at age 17 and everything..so now ive been thinking about what i would want my guy name to be.i want something that isnt common but sounds cool.i so far like,Hayden,Zane,and Zander.What do you guys think about these names?what other names do u think is unique but sounds cool?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "just b urself"

Lex

3. maverick

I think you look like a Zane based on your photos.

4. Zontar

That's entirely up to you. =p

5. just b urself

Thank you everyone..@maverick,now that u said that,i do think that i kind of look like a Zane.do you think thats a weird name though?sorry bout all the questions everyone.im just new to this and until i get the hang of all this im probally going to be asking plenty of questions..i liek to hear what other people think even though i know that that only I can make the decisions.

6. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's weird at all that you're only just now thinking you're transgender at age 17. Lots of trans people come to the realization even later than you. There's so much in the way: social stigma, lack of information, etc. Many (even most) trans people will say they've felt this way since they were young children, but it is not uncommon for them not to have the words or experience necessary to express it until they are your age or older.

As for names, check out name lists from the year you were born. Since you want something somewhat unique, skip past the top 100. Find names that were around but were less common for other people born around the same time as you. Then try some on by using them in chat rooms, RPGs, or by having close friends use them for a few days. You'll know when you've found one that's right!

Also, congrats on taking this next step on your journey towards becoming who you're meant to be! :slight_smile:

7. just b urself

thank u @fabuloustoff..thank u for the advice.i just wasnt sure if it was weird or not but now i actually feel like i fit in with that and ur right..im going to go do that and then try out the top ones i like and have my friends call me each name for a few days until one just sticks..and thank u..it going to be a slow and scary process but im making progress.only one friend knows that ive been feeling this way becuz hes the one i came to cuz he is transgender and thats it..im still making progress though.how do u like know for sure that this is what u want?thats why im taking it slow,i wanna be sure about it first.

8. maverick

No, I really like it. But it is unusual. The only time I've ever seen it was in reference to a were-leopard in a Laurell K. Hamilton novel.

9. just b urself

Yea,thats what i like.i like unusual names.i dont want a common name like Cody or Zack.

10. FloatingPiano

I really like the name Zane! :grin: I think you should use that one. (just my opinion on it). :XD: And I do not think it's weird to think you're trans at the age of 17, not weird at all. :slight_smile: One of my best friends just figured out they were trans, and he's 16. :slight_smile:

11. maverick

I just like Zane because it's associated with lycanthropy, which I always kind of associated with transgenderism anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. just b urself

Thanks guys im really starting to like Zane even more.It just kind of fits,u know?..and wats lycanthropy?i suck at big words ^.^

13. maverick

It means shapeshifting. Werewolves. :grin:

14. just b urself

Oh okay i get it.Im loving Zane :slight_smile: i need to find a different middle name too becuase my middle name is Sky which is girlish.

15. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you know for sure? Act as if you already are sure and continue down the path that you have started down. You've started with the right things (talking with supportive friends and exploring names are both very safe). Every step you make in this direction will make you feel more sure of yourself. If you are transgender, taking these steps will feel good and right.

And since you are still far from making any permanent changes, if it turns out it's not right for you and you aren't transgender, you'll be able to stop at any point if it feels wrong.

16. just b urself

@faboloustodd,thank u very much.that is very good advice.ill just continue down this path and i am far from makin permanent changes(i cnt do tht until i move out away from parent and get money) but ill do it like u said continue down this path and if it feels to wrong i can stop.thanks :slight_smile:

17. Jim1454

I'm partial to Jim... :icon_wink

18. just b urself

what do u mean ur partial to Jim?

19. Jim1454

If you had to pick a guys name, I'd suggest you pick 'Jim'.

I was being a bit of a smart ass... just ignore me. :lol:

20. just b urself

lol sorry i didnt get it cuz i didnt see tht ur name was Jim lol and its fine,i can be a bit of a smartass too :grin: