1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Out of the Metephorical Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by boy0boy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. boy0boy

Well that's finally it. Two nights ago I told my best friend/best 'guy' friend that I'm gay. I really just felt this sudden energy that made me call him and tell him to get on yahoo. Up till him, everyone I've told was in person (other than my brother in Iraq) and I've always felt a strength in doing it that way. It's just about six months ago he moved to a city about an hour away, and we haven't really seen each other much. His car is acting up and visits home have become rare.

I always felt he was like the last one that was REALLY important for me to tell, and without him knowing, it just didn't feel complete. I mean there were times when another friend would say things and I wished I could just speak honestly but I had to hold my tongue since it was sure to get back to my best friend from him. So it weighed on me, and when he came home for thanksgiving I went to his house, but sadly didn't get a chance. So with him just returned to his apartment I figured it would be to long before he came to town and decided to tell him on yahoo messenger.

So it was definately positive, he said he didn't care and that he was more upset that I waited so long to tell him. I personally have been lucky to not have to 'fear' coming out, I don't have anyone in my life that I felt afraid to come out to and have always known they would all love me regardless, it just seemed odd. Our relationship had a lot to do with some other things and our friend who was gay as well and our jokes kinda about him - NOT having to do with him being gay, just his pathological lying. I've always felt weird about being yet another one in our old group who has ended up being gay. (Personally I think he is as well, or bi possibly. Most of our friends would have picked him to be gay rather than me which is funny)

Anyways, I feel an overwhelming sense of freedom, that I'm ecstactic about.:eusa_danc

2. BonitaC

I am so happy for you. Congratulations. :slight_smile:

3. Louise

Good for you! Stories like yours help others find the courage to come out. Very encouraging. Thank you :thumbsup:

4. Jim1454

Good for you! That's great to hear.

5. Astaroth

Hurray and congratulations! (!) "Out Status: Out to everyone" must have given you butterflies. Hehe. Again, congrats!

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    that's awesome buddy, well done. Really happy for you. Seems like a good reaction from all then!!

7. boy0boy

Not so much, I've been living as if I was out to everyone, and since he lives in a far away city, it was just a matter of not out right telling the people I knew would talk to him.

It's all good now.

Thanks everybody for the support. I've had an amazingly lucky experience that I would like to think is not too far from what anybody could have.:smilewave

8. boy0boy

Oh and now that I'm in my right mind, and it's the afternoon and not early in the morning, I realize that I spelled "Metaphorical" wrong, woops!

Funny since I remember checking it too, oh well. It was early.

9. biisme

good job! and congratulations! i'm glad everything went well :slight_smile: