1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling of Being Hated :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mellowish, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Mellowish

Like the title says can anyone help me with this? :/
    Well i guess i should add some background as well. For some reason, i get this random paranoia that someone hates me usually if they talk to me one day then don't contact me the next day and for some reason i feel kinda like they're avoiding me and that they hate me now. I honestly don't know why i tend to feel like this especially with close friends. :/
    I really hate this feeling because then I just start going into depression mode and all i think about is that they hate me but they don't actually hate me.
    Can anyone help me with this?

2. maverick

Sounds like social anxiety to me. I don't know how to help you with it though...maybe see a therapist?

Wiki:

3. Nollaig20

Hey,

Chill out buddy, I think maybe you need to try and reverse your mind and do not let your head go into overtime mode. That could be the cause of all this, over thinking is something we all do. Answer me this? Why would someone just hate you? Have you ever thought that you are giving people less credit for what they deserve, this all could be in your head. :-D

Friends and family, would ignore my texts, calls, and what not, do I care, a little bit. Do they hate me, no. Sometimes people just have things going on, and with your head over thinking everything, you're probably getting the wrong end of the stick. So calm down, try and think of positive things, you're be fine. I'm sure no one hates you.

Good luck.

4. greeneyes

I don't know if this is the case, but sometimes I wait and wait and what I should just do is take the initiative! I learned that sometimes it's not that someone doesn't like you, it's that they are super busy or they are afraid to make the first move. Even in friend situations the latter can be true.

Also you're not going to click with every person - I am in college now and had a bunch of "friends" who I didn't really connect with and was depressed in high school. I discovered after high school there were two people from my high school I really clicked with and still see them - the rest I don't. In college there are so many more people, so many more chances to meet someone you like, friend or otherwise.

One of my friends whom I'm not so close to anymore was great to hang out with at first. Then he would say these really hurtful things really nonchalantly. Like I wouldn't fit in with his friends, or I was intimidating. Then I realized that HE was the one who had super low self-esteem and no confidence. I felt sorry for him and began to almost laugh at some of the things he said. Don't let other people get you down! Also, you never know what's going on with them, be it a bad day, a family issue, etc.

Hope that helps!

5. FloatingPiano

I had this problem, too. I always thought people didn't like me if they didn't contact me for a few days. But then I realized that they aren't they only people with phone an computers, I have that, too. Sometimes others are just afraid to make the first move as you are.

6. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always taken criticism and insults harder than I should. Sometimes I just freeze up during a conversation if somebody makes a remark that hurts just a little too much. I can't stop thinking about it and it almost ruins my day.

The way I have found that helps me the most is to listen to some good music and just zone out for a bit.

7. Bosco

Try occupying yourself with a hobby :slight_smile:
    In the absence of stimulation, your brain will kick in and create things for you to think/worry about.

8. Gallatin

I've struggled with social anxiety disorder for a while. My best advice is to just slow down a little bit, and stop placing a lot of emphasis on what others think about you. I used to obsess over whether or not people liked me or not, but I got past that and am so much better for it. Eventually I realized that really all that mattered was whether I was alright with myself or not. Once I reached that point, I stopped caring so much what other people thought. Admittedly, I still try to maintain a decent reputation - but if someone doesn't like me, then so be it. I view it as their loss, not mine.
    Feel free to message me if you want to talk about any social anxiety/ general anxiety questions.

9. Mellowish

I tried to message your for advice on something but it won't let me :/

10. Gallatin

Unfortunately since I'm not a full member yet, I can't send or receive private messages...
    You could write it on my wall if you like, but if you don't want to, I'll completely understand.

11. Mellowish

Well the thing about posting it on your wall is that its got a long semi rant in it. i'll post it on your wall if it's ok with you.

12. Gallatin

Perfectly fine with me!

13. Mellowish

alrighty then :grin: