1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell him I'm bi, and should I pursue him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Sep 9, 2011.

1. don29002

Before I start here's me and Matt's conversation:
    Me: "Hey whats good."
    Matt: "Whatsup"
    "I'm good, I had Chemistry first period with Miss McIntosh. I hate that woman with a passion."
    "Oh"
    "On the first day she was like 'Hi I'm Miss McIntosh and I'll be your teacher.' I was like 'Lady are you high? If you are I want whatever you're on.'"
    Matt laughs.
    "Donald you're a funny kid. Did you get any action this summer?"
    "No what about you?"
    "No"
    "Oh that sucks."
    "I have to go to History, I don't wanna be late. Seeya"
    And I left.

Now, here's some background:

So a senior in my high school named Matt is a good friend of mine and I would go to his lunch table and sit with his friends and tell funny stories and jokes and him and his friends loved me for it freshman year.
    But I noticed him staring at me frequently while I'd be telling my stories. Every day.
    And he'd pull me close to him with his thumb touching my chin, which I thought was romantic in a way.
    And around Christmas time last year he told me "All I want for Christmas is you" and I smiled at him. Considering the fact that he has a girlfriend--named Paige, and shes going to college in Maryland in the fall.
    His girlfriend barely noticed but I'm friends with her too so I guess I got her approval lol

That post above was about the end of my freshman year. I'm now a sophomore. I saw Matt today twice. Once before 2nd period and I saw him with his back turned at the end of the day. The 2nd period time that I saw him we were in the hallway. This was our conversation:

Me: "Hey!"
    Matt: "Whatsup?"
    "I'm good. I'm going to History."
    "Who's your teacher?" [for History]
    "Mr. Keyes."
    "Nice. What lunch do you have?"
    "8th."
    "Oh I still have 10th, you don't know what you're missing."
    "Oh my God I want 10th lunch again!"

And I think after that I left because I didn't wanna be late for History but I made it JUST in time before the bell.

And I was on his Facebook--yes, I snoop lol--and of course he has photos of him and his girlfriend Paige kissing and their graduation and all that. (The graduation was for some of his senior friends, now Matt's a senior)
    I don't know if he'll give me anymore signals since I guess he's moved on from sending me the "All I want for Christmas is you" sign to staring at me while telling my stories to God knows what else.
    I think I'll send him a sign I like him in person--he never answers his Facebook messages but he makes statuses and I see him in person.

Also to become close again (I consider us old friends since we never hung out over the summer) I might switch my lunch to 10th from my 8th just to see him.

And he doesn't know I'm bi because freshman year I came out but never told any of my senior friends. So how can I tell him that AND that I like him? (As more than friends even though he has a girlfriend)

1) Should I switch lunches?
    2) How should I tell him I'm bi?
    3) Despite the fact that he has a girlfriend AND sent me signals, should I tell him I have feelings for him?

2. Nollaig20

Hey,

1. If you think you can trust him and that there is something there, maybe you should switch lunches just to find out more.

2. Tell him if you feel the need to, although make sure you can trust him. Do you think he's bi? In all honesty?

3. I suggest you find out more about him before you blurt out your feelings, atleast find out if he's into guys.

Your suggests kind of suggest he is, but whats the harm in finding out a little more. To ensure that you do not get hurt in the process. Because situations like this can end badly, what about his girlfriend, who you are friends with too. How would she feel? If she found out you where trying to get into him. Tell him, if it feels right, really look at the situation before you jump in with both feet.

Good Luck.

A.S

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Is this the same Matt that you have talked about in past threads?

If so, my advice would be to go and come out to him if you want to, but are you sure that you want to keep waiting for this one guy?

I wouldn't be able to tell you if your friend is bi or not, but I can tell you that he isn't available and that the healthiest thing will probably be to try and move on, as hard as it can be.

I know its not what you want to hear, but I say go and find someone who you know you are able to start something and that likes you back. Playing the waiting game is never fun :slight_smile:

4. don29002

Nollaig20, I wasn't allowed to switch lunches, I know he broke up with his gf over the summer for a FACT, and I'm gonna come out to him tomorrow and I want him to :slight_smile: But I'm not gonna force him. The goal is for me to tell him my feelings for him and for him to say whatever's on his mind about love, relationships, and LGBT things--so I can better understand if he wants a relationship.

TheEdend, he broke up with his gf over the summer. So he's single--for a fact, I know--and I just wanna keep talking to him so we can be really close, but not so much where I don't do anything about my feelings and he never makes any sexual or flirtatious advances/comments to me anymore.
    And he's the only bi guy in my school that I know who has a crush on me, so far. Every other guy in my school has a girlfriend and is str8 as a line or they act macho and are single but they're closeted and they deny that they are.