1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gsaid7, Nov 29, 2007.

1. gsaid7

i have always considered myself to be straight, but now that i'm older i am starting to think that i'm not so sure. how do i know if the way that i feel is just curiousity or being accepting of gays/lesbians or if i actually am one?:confused:

2. Zak

Zak

If u r attraced tot he same sex, then you are gay. All gays and bi's accept all people. you'll fit in.

3. SkyTears

Personnaly I had the same thought as you before I finally got things in order. It may take some time but there really isn't an asnwer that I think anyone here could give for you. It might took me a long time to find it out but I know of some who it took no time at all. Then there are those who weren't sure but then late knew they weren't. As for if you feel like if you just want to be accepted by gays then really the one thing is just to not judge on orientation and that's about all.

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i'm in the same kind of position. i was sure i was straight at one time. i guess the question is: would be you like to be physically and sexually close to a girl? not just in fantasies, but in real life, could u imagine yourself one day sleeping with a girl? could you enjoy it? and would you want to have a romantic relationship with a girl? it doesn't have to be any girl, it might be you're only attracted to a specific type of girl. if the answers to any of those are yes, and you still feel that way for a few weeks, once your mind has cleared, then, maybe you are gay. in the end, time will tell. you will find out eventually. only you can say who you're attracted to, what label you might want, or whether to label yourself at all. if it really is just "curiosity", you will wear out of it or get bored pretty quickly - only a true attraction will last. good luck, and remember that it may take some time for you to understand things (and that's fine). :slight_smile: