1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my friend like me? I like him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Sep 10, 2011.

1. don29002

I'm 15, a bi guy, and I just started my sophomore year of high school all this past week. I befriended a guy I'd see a lot last school year named Andrew. He's very nice, funny, quiet, shy, and sweet. And he's cute.
    On the first day (Tuesday) he wanted to sit with me; I sat alone for only one second, and then I looked and he came up to my table and sat with me and we've sat together.
    Me and Andrew sit together at lunch every day. When we talk it's always me telling him something that happened to me and he would agree or nod about what I'd say. And when I look at someone in the room walking to the other side, he'll look at me and smile while he does it. Then he looks at me again, smiling, and I look into his eyes.
    It doesn't just happen once... it's happened every time I look at someone.
    He laughs at all my jokes, etc. but when I asked him stuff about him (his interests, what his hobbies are, how his week's been) he gave me general answers. When I asked him his interests he said "I play video games, I love sports." And I said "I love video games too. My favorites are GTA 4 and 2k11, NBA." And he said "Nice."
    So does he like me? I like him?
    And how can I become closer to Andrew so every day doesn't start with a smile and a stare from him?

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very sorry if this comes across as rude, but I have to ask. How many guys do you like? How much of your time do you spend interpreting people's small actions and wondering whether it means they're gay or bi? At fifteen, you should probably be worrying a lot less about this and doing something more fulfilling instead, as with any age. :slight_smile:

3. don29002

I like many; I have a high sex drive.
    And I do many fulfilling things with my life. I write songs; I've written 95 since I was 10. I make comedy vlogs on Youtube. I've been trying to make my lyrics into vocals and instrumentals. Crushing on guys is a side thing.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you're fifteen, I'm going to respond the way I did back when I was fifteen.

"I think he likes you, but I don't know if he LIKES-YOU likes-you."

Lex

5. J Snow

I agree with Lex. At the very least he seems like he is interested in being your friend. Beyond that its really hard to say.

6. FloatingPiano

This. There is really know way to really tell at this point. I would say just get to know him better, I guess? At the very least, you seem like he'll be a good friend. :slight_smile:

7. Mad Man L

What Lex says is correct. He likes you as a friend, but as far as a relationship goes, you/we don't know.

You've more or less fallen for him and you're looking for things to convince yourself that he likes you. Let me tell you now, more likely than not, he's straight, and even if he was gay, it is even more so likely that he would be closeted. You're reading into his actions far too much. I did that with the guy I liked, in an attempt to somehow convince myself that he was a closet gay. Needless to say, that doesn't end well.

It's more or less a matter of just getting to know him. If he knows you're bi, he might take asking if you are gay/bi as a sexual advance (and straight guys hate that), but if you wish, you could bring that up sometime. But really, in Sophomore Year (Year 10 over here), getting a BF/GF shouldn't be high on your priority list. It isn't really for me.

8. don29002

Lewder he's straight. I decided to become interested in Andrew because of advice my gay friend on Yahoo told me. I told him everything I said here and he said Andrew likes me, even though I said I was "hurt in the past and if Andrew's not [gay/bi] then it would hurt a LOT."

And I have found out Andrew used to date my friend Nina before the beginning of our freshman year. (Sophomore year is tear 10 here too)
    My best friend Julianne told me this about them:
    They went out in 8th grade until the summer before freshman year and they broke up right before school. He was really bad to her, and everyone was telling her to break up with him.

How weird is it that Andrew wanted to befriend me then I found out that he treated my friend wrong? I have another friend like that too....