1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rawr, need advice :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gingerboii92, Sep 11, 2011.

1. gingerboii92

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, This guy i work with moved in with me and my family a few days ago and he is going to be with us for like the next 8 months or so. And I like this guy but I dont know if he is gay, at times it seems like he is and likes me too but then just as things are going well he will say thing along the lines of "thats so gay" or "he's such a f:***:g" and then everything is crushed and I feel then like he might be homophobic. I know everyone says to take a chance because you never know what might happen but I'm not one for chances because things could be really bad...:bang:
    Any advice would be great, thanks!

P.s he walks around in his underwear / towel and I'm screaming inside " PLEASE STOP TAUNTING MEEEE :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg " LOL

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask him what he thinks about gay rights. Then, depending on how he answers, you can determine what to do next.

3. Nollaig20

Hello there,

I suggest you find out a little more about him before you dive in there with both feet. I think you should consider that you are actually living with this guy for 8 months. :-0 Are you sure you want to get into a relationship with this guy? Just say it goes badly, there will be alot of unspoken tension that may make you feel uncomfortable at home. Just be careful what you wish for, find out more, talk to him, bring up something in conversation that helps you see his view on LGBT people, like Fugs said.

4. maverick

Seeing this in my head almost made me squirt tea out my nose. :grin:

5. gingerboii92

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys :slight_smile: and Mav I'm glad i could make your day better :grin:

6. Gallatin

I agree with Nollaig; be cautious. He's going to be with you for the next eight months, and you don't want to be in an awkward situation for the duration of that time. I'm not saying that you shouldn't broach the subject with him and express your feelings; I'm just saying that you should examine the consequences of doing so, and perhaps really suss out what he feels about gay rights, gay people in general, as others have mentioned. Then go from there.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do!