1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents "Separating"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paper person, Sep 13, 2011.

1. paper person

Recently my Dad and my brother which then led to a fight betwwen my brother, my mom, a family friend, all versus my dad. Now it looks like ones moving out.

Some Backround: My Dad has been ill a long time, Almost 30 years, he got this way witin 5 years of his marraige with my mom. She has taken care of him all these years. They raised my and my twin together for 17 years but in maybe th past 2 years things have been going down hill fast. His illness has gotten worse and its desrtoyed his body. He cant move his hands he cant walk, I used to have to help him alot and wake up in the middle of the night to him scraming in pain on more than one occasion, getting out of bed at 3am to help on a school night. We had to give him his own room on the first floor to avoid stairs, he uses a hospital bed and wever had to hire aid after crappy aid to releave our burden. He is on medicaid( for those who dont know he owns nothing in order to be paid by the Gov) And has become indreasingly emotinally abuseive to my mom my brother and myself. I belive they are both depressed and theyhave grown emotiannly distant.

My mom had always hinted on sending him to a home but i never thought it would happen i alway thought we wait for the unavoidable to happen. but the possiblilty is all to real. I was basikly given 3 optiond He moves, We move, or he gets meds somthing that i doubt willl work. Im tired of my mother being depressed and yelled at only to be apologized and bought roseswith her money, (cuz he legaly has none) the next day. I know shes unhappy i know im unhappy and i know we are being fiancailly suported by my moms wealthy parents. I suspect my mom might be seeing other people, and i want her to be happy but it still crushes me to think that. I She said they would not divorce, but its proably cuz she is waiting it out for his time.

I thought all this trouble had eneded and i would have one highschool year where this woldnt be an issue and i feel tears welling on as i right this. This isnt fucking fair and i dont know what to do.:tears::bang:

2. Nollaig20

Hey dude,

I'm so sorry about your dad, it must be really hard, stressful and painful to watch your own dad in that way. It sounds like this illness has taken a major toll on the family, which ofcourse is causing problems.

I honestly do not mean to sound harsh, but maybe your dad being taken into a home where he can be properly looked after, would be best for him. Just remember that him leaving isn't you's giving up or leaving him, its simply what your mum feels the best thing for him. Take into consideration her way of thinking, she's been taken care of him for years, maybe now its getting too much for her to deal with, and the last thing you want is for your mum also getting ill because of the stress in the house.

Your still be able to see your dad when you want, he just won't be as close. Just stay brave dude, things can only get better.

I wish you and your family all the best of luck..

-Aiden