1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay now, bi later?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by apondinaforest, Sep 13, 2011.

1. I made the mistake of rushing my coming out as a lesbian while I was still confused. My family pretty much accepted it, though my mom said it was just a phase. Turns out she was right. I mean, I do like girls - a lot - but I also like boys. How long should I wait too disclose it? I feel this is definitive, but I don't want to seem like I'm all over the place. I would like to be taken seriously. I want to be truthful, even if it means I'll have to listen to "I told you so" a couple of times.

2. RaeofLite

Maybe you should wait till you have a boyfriend? Just an idea. She may not have to know otherwise. Some parents don't understand. They either say gay or straight.

3. Undecided John

Well, not sure if I can help, but I guess that, if they accepted you being lesbian, then probably bisexual wont be a bigger deal. And about your mom, well, "I told you so" is probably unavoidable, but you can always answer with "it's not exactly as you told me"

And, by the way, Olá, conterrânea =D

4. Guitarguy

I can uderstand what you are going through because having my sexuality change after i have already come of the closet is probably one of the biggest reasons that i am avoiding it. because coming out once is painful enough why would i ever want to do it again. as for your situation i would have to recomend that you come out as bi
    not nessaserily by telling everyone. but if someone ever brings it up or asks you if yourve ever found a guy atractive just tell them. eventually you will be fully out again without anyone really noticing a huge drastic change

5. Mad Man L

Wait a while. Until you fall for a guy, the issue is irrelevant. Outside sexual stuff/relationships, your sexuality (alone) means little.

6. mk139

I'm sort of in a similar position. I came out as 'not straight' at school because I'm pretty sure I like girls, and then I had this thing with this guy and realised I didn't like him, so I said that I'm gay. But now I think I may like this other guy... I don't know, it's really confusing. Actually I think I might do a post because I need some serious help with it...

I agree with what's already been said though, if you're with a guy and it gets to the stage in the relationship where you should introduce him to family then do, and see what happens. Otherwise it's none of your parents' business who you're having sex/relationships with :slight_smile:

7. Olá, fellow brazuca! ^^ Thanks to you and everyone! I hadn't thought about the option of waiting 'till it's relevant, but yeah! it's much better than going "Hey, I'm gay... no I'm not!" I'm out to myself, that should be good enough for now.