1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like we're in a stage..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Koll

Alright. So I've been seeing this guy for a year now (Wow o.o) and it feels like.. theres no spark, and things are dull.

The normal stuff, smiling at eachother, winks, kisses, grabs, sex.., etc That's all happening.. It just feels boring now.

What can I do to spark my relationship?

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you guys have a lot of common interests? Maybe doing something together that you're both interested in would be a great idea for a date. Like if you're both into musical theater or whatnot, go see a play. But as for the part in the bedroom -- maybe try some role playing? Or a lot of foreplay? New positions? I suppose those are all things that can spice up someone's sex life.

3. castle walls

I totally agree with Gerry. Another idea is doing something you both have never done together. Trying something new with your partner tends to be awesome. Even if you both hate what you guys do, then you have something new to talk about it.

As for the bedroom, its the same principle as above. Trying new things together tends to bring that spark back

4. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I think what should also be considered is how you both communicate. Doing things for the sake of doing them, and having allot in common are nice, but they both kind of numb the actual problem. If you can talk, and tell him how you are feeling then you can get to the core of what is going on.

Why you are probably feeling so blank with your boyfriend is probably because you are no longer vulnerable. If you can talk to him, and start being vulnerable again, the spark will come back, and you can actually both feel whole heartedly in love.

5. Koll

Oh believe me. I feel vulnerable all the time. (OCD, Anxiety, etc.)

Its not really in bed that I'm looking to spark.. Its spending time together and building our relationship.. But I'm not sure how to go about it.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it just with your boyfriend that you're feeling "blah"? Are you also feeling sort of "enh" about other activities - school, hobbies, time with friends?

Lex

7. Koll

Yeah its only him.
    He hasnt changed at all. Things are going great with other friends (Boyfriend IS my best friend) and school. Hobbies notsomuch but I can't force people to buy my computers LOL

8. Noir

I have a suggestion for an activity to bring you closer, but it's kinda extreme if you're afraid of heights--how about going to a rock-climbing place? If you both go up together in a pair (as most rock climbers do for safety issues), it could be just the lift you need by encouraging one another and accomplishing something you never thought you could.

Again, this is just a suggestion. My feelings won't be hurt at all if you don't take me up on it; it's not exactly everyone's cup of tea. XD But even if it isn't with your bf, it's still really fun and it's a good confidence booster.