1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The magic is gone.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SRSLYMARK, Nov 30, 2007.

1. SRSLYMARK

Before you roll your eyes and go, "Oh God, SRSLYMARK's being an attention whore again," I hope you realize that I'm not posting this thread because I want to be noticed. I honestly would like some advice to help my mood.

Ever since my love life (what was left of it) fell apart, I've basically felt like nothing is worth it anymore. I can't invest myself entirely into my upcoming choir concert, or into my studies, because I feel like there's something missing. I know I'm only 14 (15, soon: only three more weeks!), and I have my whole life ahead of me. But I just feel so...empty.

Whenever I see the ex, I literally want to throw up. I'm completely over him, yet he's continuing to go around and try to besmirch my name. He's already beginning to turn all of our mutual friends against me, because he's managed to convince them that he is the victim in all that happened between us. He is honestly the bane of my existence, but he still has an effect on me that I can't control, and it's distracting me and making me even MORE depressed.

I'm rambling. What can I do to get out of this depression?

2. biisme

have you tried to tell him that what he does is hurting you? it might make him think twice, and i don't see how it could hurt. do u have friends who know and support you at school? if worse comes to worse, and you still feel empty, you could try seeing someone to talk things out. but, first, i'd try to straighten things out with your ex.

good luck!

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

i think more you realize that you are soo young and you have your life ahead and you SRSLY need to move on, you'll feel better. as i heard it (and really really works) is getting a new partner. i was on my first girlfriend for months even when i got a new 'girlfriend' (i never liked her it was pity dating) i couldn't stop thinking of her. well out of the blue (well when i was at the phych ward actually) i met this awesome girl and i'm over the old one. it may take time (even a year!) but it'll pass! you'll feel better again. just think about getting someone new, dress up and go to where ever you meet guys (even if its at school). it sounds like you got stuff with your exit but if your friends are going to believe him over you they sound like they really aren't your friends anyway (which suxs but i've had to change all my set of friends before because of a bad relationship and you can move on. just take the friends that stick true to you).

4. CrimsonThunder

Or he might think hes succeeding in what hes doing.

5. SRSLYMARK

I like the idea of dressing up...I always seem to feel better when I'm dressed in clothes I find attractive. I bought this really cute wool coat today. It made me happy. :slight_smile:

Ha ha, I'm such a headcase.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you were born on Christmas? :lol:

With respect to him trying to besmirch your name, you have to disengage from that as much as possible. It's the kind of situation where the more you try to actively end it, the more it will retain a life of its own. Let your actions speak louder than his words and take special note of those disloyal and stupid enough to believe him because they need to die. Oh, was that my out loud voice? Sorry--I have this issue with "friends" who lack loyalty. But seriously, you need to find the people who see you for who you really are and not who someone says you are. If someone asks you a question about the situation, answer it but just enough to answer it, no elaboration. If someone says something or repeats something about you that is false, correct it, but do it without being defensive. Quiet truths are much more powerful than loud lies.

As for being unable to get excited about other stuff going on in your life, the more you can extricate yourself from the aforementioned unpleasantness, the more I'm sure you'll find your focus turning to the good things in your life. That being said, the lack of affection and sex does suck. There is no denying it. I recommend chocolate because really what else can anyone offer? Well maybe exercise. It's scarily true how much exercise can improve your mood, it turns out. Plus it's hard to be horny if you're dead tired from exercising. I mean, c'mon, can you imagine what great shape everyone on Earth would be in if we all turned to losing ourselves in exercise and working out whenever we were heartbroken and lonely? Shit... that would be insane. Although granted chocolate is less effort. Maybe a judicious amount of chocolate mixed with exercise. :slight_smile:

Plus... well there's nothing like becoming a master at self-love. *grin* A skill that lasts a lifetime. Much cheaper than shopping therapy. Slightly more messy but, in my opinion, a hell of a lot more fun.

Hope one or more of these suggestions help!