1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sesshomaru, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sesshomaru

This upcoming weekend is my older brother's birthday and since he moved to Vegas during the summer me and my immediate family are driving out to spend the weekend with him (we leave tomorrow). Though another of the main reasons is my mom and her husband want to go watch the boxing fight out there that I have no interest in whatsoever. That being said, I heard from an online friend that this week was pride week in Vegas and after checking around online I found out there's a parade going on the night we arrive at 8 p.m.

Since I'm 18 now I can go out as I please and with finally being out the closet I wouldn't have much/any problems getting there and back but I'm wondering should I go? Has anyone here ever been to one of the pride parades in Vegas and if so what was the experience like? I've never been to any type of community LGBT event before, hell the most I've been involved at all was just being a member of the GSA at my old school for two short months. I'm not into crazy scenes/parties, drinking, or anything of the such and with it being in Vegas...well my mind leads me to think it might become like the aforementioned. I'd be going alone since I don't know anyone that I could go with which would cause me to be nervous but eh, I have to grow up at some point.

Any feedback about this is appreciated! :slight_smile:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. I haven't been to the Pride parades in Vegas but I have a friend who has been and said it was great. I think you should go, and have a good time. Vegas isn't all it's hyped up to be (at least not to me, a resident here) but have fun and since you're not 21 yet that will be a good idea. There's things to do here without the party scene so have fun. The Strip can be fun to walk at. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions! :slight_smile: