1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't accept my bisexuality!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by apondinaforest, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Well, just these days I was struggling with being gay, but it doesn't compare with the struggle I'm facing with being bisexual - which I actually am. I know it is a valid orientation. But I wish I were either gay or straight. I can't deal with the uncertainty of the gender of a partner, I would prefer to be focused on only one of them. I tried very, very hard to deny my attraction to men, it obviously didn't work. No choice left but to accept it, yet how can I possibly open up? Is this a common thing bisexuals go through?

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

AWH HUGS dont beat ur self up

3. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Going from personal experience, my suggestion to you would be to find a time where you won't be bothered and you can focus on the issue. I mean like, really think about it. It helps.

4. Cynicite

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, I went through that same phase of uncertainty, and I do remember wishing that I was just attracted to men or women, and not both. But while it take time to come to terms with yourself, it's not something you can avoid or dodge. Once you accept who you are, the happier you'll be. I know love is different for each person, but I do believe you know it when you find it. Instead of worrying about who you might fall in love with, just let it happen. Hope I helped :grin:

5. emusan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going through the same thing right now. I think that, as zoezoewriter said, I really just need some time alone to think about it... But it's all so confusing... At least it's good to know I'm not the only one that has felt/is felling like this.(Also, first post :slight_smile: ).

6. Gallatin

What zoezoewriter said is good advice, I did it myself. Take time alone to think about it, to really think about it. For me, finding out the exact nature of my sexuality took a lot of time and soul searching. There were many days where I thought to myself, why can't I just be gay or straight? Why do I have to be stuck somewhere in the middle? Eventually, I came to terms with who I was and tried to look at the positives (hey, to an extent, I can play both fields, right?). And I also want to echo what Cynicite said, about falling in love. Don't worry about what sex the person is going to be that you fall in love with. Like he said, just let it happen. If it feels right, go with it!