1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Tell Someone I'm Attracted to Them

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whattodo787, Sep 16, 2011.

1. whattodo787

There's this guy at work who I think, for several reasons, might be gay. However, I'm not sure. I don't know if he has a boyfriend or girlfriend. I can't stop thinking about him. I don't think I've felt this way before about anybody else. But, I feel like I'm stuck. I haven't told anyone that I'm gay. I'd like to be more than friends, but don't want to make it an uncomfortable situation at work if he turns out not to be gay. What do I do?

#1 whattodo787, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

I assume we have all been down that path at least once so your not alone...
    I think that is where your problem begins, the fact that you haven't told anyone means that it is going to be harder for you to be more than "Friends". The most practical advice I can give you is to try and befriend them, then come out to him. If he asks if you had a crush on him then answer truthfully, or you could tell him. If he is interested then great mission acomplished. If he is not then atleast you gained some valuable experience and there is always next time. As for making it uncomfortable at work,... I guess tell him that your not going to make it an obsession and move on?

Hope it helps, good luck.

#2 wellhidden, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  3. Kawi1100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here is one simple advise to live by....

Don't get laid where you get paid.

Follow that advise and you'll be a happy man and employed. :thumbsup:

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm hoping you're the cute guy who sits in a cube over the wall from mine. If so, yes, I'm interested in you too, just be willing to talk to me. I'll talk to you for sure. Let's go to lunch :smilewave

Seriously though, that's such an annoying situation to be in. There actually is a cute guy (think Ryan Phillippe's younger brother) I'd love to spend time with. He seems kinda shy and he has this really nice voice and has been with the company for about 3 months. We don't have any work interaction and I just assume he's straight since there has never been a guy I'm into at work who has been gay in almost 12 years. He's in a different department yet is just over the cube wall. Several employees have dated and gotten married at my company so it's possible. I guess I don't have any good advice for you since I've never done what you're pondering, but thought I'd let you know you're not alone. Good luck in your quest :thumbsup: