1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so sick of being single I could scream.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fiddlemiddle, Sep 16, 2011.

1. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am sick of meeting guys who turn out to be freaks. I am sick of being positive and healthy and putting myself out there only to be jerked around, judged and treated like crap. I am sick of every guy in my city who is so effing full of himself and what a great catch he is when underneath he is so bloody insecure he has to play games with an guy to see if he'll follow and feed his ego - and if he does then he doesn't want him because clearly if he likes him there must be something wrong with him. OH THE DYSFUNCTION IN THIS TOWN.

I don't want to read books about how I should behave so as not to be treated like crap. I want men to read books on how to be a gentleman, even when you've decided you're not interested. You know, really hard life lessons like COMMUNICATE. BE HONEST. DON'T COME TO DINNER EMPTY HANDED.

I don't want to feel like I should take two days to answer an e-mail when I can damn well answer it when it comes in. I don't want to act like I have plans when I don't, or feel like I and I alone have to take responsibility for not letting things go too fast.

I don't want to hear how I shouldn't be too nice, how I shouldn't give men the benefit of the doubt, how I should walk away at the slightest male misstep. I don't rush to judgement when presented with potential. I don't want to be Seinfeld, it's a SHOW not a LIFESTYLE. HELLO.

I know who I am. I know what I want. I work hard, I have goals, I am healthy. I am funny. I am smart. I am able to MULTITASK. I am able to BE RESPECTFUL.

Holy crap, I AM SO SICK OF BEING SINGLE I COULD SCREAM.

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I can relate and sympathize. I was feeling the same way just a couple of minutes ago actually. Then I saw on FB that my deadbeat gay uncle who has never had a job in his life, and is 40 years old and still living with my grandparents, is now dating a tall, dark, and handsome pharmacist and he's on his way to the Bahamas right now at this very moment.

If he can find someone then there's hope for all of us.

3. tocotronic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Interesting, I just started a thread on my own troubles.

I may sound pessimistic but so many guys out there are damaged. Mistreated, ashamed of their sexuality and generally not able to function.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hear ya, Fiddle, just let it all out. If you find a good guy, let us know where.

5. Jim1454

I was 25 before I'd ever had a serious relationship, and even then it ended up being with the wrong gender. It took me another 10 years to figure out I should be with men, and then find one who was awesome.

So ya, I'm kind of saying you need to be patient, and that you're not the only guy out there who hasn't had any luck meeting someone by the age of 24.

6. maverick

Me too. I had the most romantic dream ever last night (I NEVER dream about stuff like that) and all day I've been thinking man, I wish I had someone in real life to be ridiculously romantic with. :frowning2:

But I'm just now taking baby steps onto the gay scene here, so I don't even have the scraps of a relationship to work with.

7. Giorria

Giorria Guest

6 years here since my last relationship, and it was with the wrong gender. Dating hasn't been a great experience for me since coming out earlier this year, but I won't let that get me down.

Like mentioned above by Jim1454, I think patience is the key in this one. I feel like people pressure themselves to be in a relationship, and then when it doesn't go to plan they look for the fastest option out of it.