1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of eating after telling somone...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nollaig20, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Nollaig20

Okay so a lot of you guys have been already talking to me but I need to ask for your advise once again. So I'm been dealing with this whole gay thing for a while now, until last week I couldnt deal with it on my own anymore so I seeked a consulers help on Friday there. Although ever since I opened up to that guy, I cant seem to eat properly.

Friday Night- Dinner, I hardly ate any of it.
    Saturday- No Breakfast, ate at a restaurant, never ate hardly any of it. Dinner again, hardly anything.
    Same today.

Is there something wrong, its not like me not to eat, actually I usually just eat constantly, plus I've been waking up with a dry mouth since then too. It doesnt make much sense.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks guys.

2. VentinIntrovert

I've had episodes were I didn't have an appetite for anything either, usually related to depression for some odd reason. Try comfort food or just soft foods like chicken soup or something.

3. flymetothemoon

Actually, I think both of the things you're mentioning (lack of eating properly and dry mouth) could be related to nerves if you were/are nervous about someone knowing about you. Obviously if the symptoms continue for a while it's something to be concerned about, but I would say just try to eat as much as you can for now and maybe when you get more accustomed to the idea of him knowing, you will feel more comfortable, and that may help you return to normal eating habits.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey man, I think that's normal when we're really nervous about something. You just don't feel hungry and nothing is appealing. I'd feel that way when upset about something or before I had to give a speech. I hope your appetite rebounds soon and you're back to normal soon. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2011 at 03:30 PM ----------

Oh, two more thoughts, maybe think of your favorite foods and see if any sound good and go out and get it even if it's junk food. That might get you hungry again and then you can get back on a regular diet.

Second thought is maybe you just need a break from EC and thinking about all this stuff for a while. Get a good rest tonight and hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow :slight_smile:

5. Marlowe

I think mnguy, gave some good advice. You probably are just nervous because you just diverged probably your largest and darkest secret to a stranger, and maybe now your are subconsciously wondering if you can trust him. What if he tells someone... How did you feel about the way the session went? Did you feel comfortable at the end? Would you go back?

While I ask these questions, I also know you have been spending a lot of time thinking about everything related to your sexual orientation. While I think it is awesome that you care so much, both personally and for the other people you have reached to, and are willing to engage, I know that when I spend too much time thinking about being in the closet, it often makes me feel worse rather than better. It turns from the productive process of considering my situation into ruminating about it. Consider this one way or another, and know that everyone out here has your back.

#5 Marlowe, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  6. hert3583

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think all of the above advice is really sound. You've probably spent so much time focusing and thinking about your sexuality, worrying and feeling nervous that it's wearing you down and making it difficult to think about anything else, which I can appreciate. Try to have a break now this week for your fresher's week and have loads of fun at it :slight_smile:

7. george678

The advice above is good!

I think maybe taking a break for EC is not a good idea.

mnguy gave great advice!

I have also been through episodes like this, its just because I was down and depressed. Again, it was when I was first coming out.

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

It's probably related to anxiety. Honestly, you really shouldn't worry about it. Some boys fall in love with other boys and that's perfectly alright, and some girls fall in love with other girls, and that's alright too. Don't obsess over it, just take it for what it is, a beautiful thing.

9. george678

Great advice.

10. Nollaig20

Thanks guys, once again for the advice, its very much appreciated, I'm going to try and sort things out. Try and relax the best I can. But yeah thanks, its much appreciated. =D

- Aiden