1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scream! - ftm

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Akira, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Akira

Okay, so I've been stalking this website for the past idk how long, doing some very deep thoughts and although I was in denial. I'm fairly certain I'm ftm. I have no where to safely out put these feelings and I feel as though I'm about to scream. Tom boy my entire life. I currently have a gf and everything. I have a group of about 7 friends that know and couldn't care less, I'm confused scared and elated!! Just needed somewhere to put it, advice, support, comments? PS: I really wanna see a proffessional but I'm just a HS student, and my guardians are homophobic -.-

2. InaRut

Welcome to the site! I'm sorry to hear that you find yourself in such turmoil.

As for support, you've done yourself a great favour for coming here and it never hurts to seek counsel in your friends. I'm sure both of us were put on this earth with the added mission to help you through whatever perils you shall come across.

AS for seeing a proffesional...Are there guidance services at your highschool you can take sanctum in? If not, try a phone-line to output some of your thoughts to a volunteer. Or, if it really is hurting you, talk to your parents--tell them things don't feel right inside (don't be too specific) as tell them you really wish to seek a therapist.

The latter option might be hard though---Perhaps for now try to take counsel in what services you have around you. Good luck!

3. Chandra

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: I'm glad to hear you've made the step of coming out to yourself and a few close friends.

As far as seeing a professional, have you tried speaking to a counsellor at your school, or perhaps finding out if there's a LGBT support group in your town that could recommend someone?

4. Akira

Haha. thanks so much. I acctually currently have them searching for a therapist for me due to my "depression" issues. I would go see the counciler, but they don't stay after school, and I can't afford to miss class ^^; Also we're currently trying to form a GSA at my highschool ^^ (we being me and a few friends, we have a petition with over 60 names)

5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the entire EC community is here if you need somebody to talk to. :welcome:

That's great that you're getting a GSA together, that should really help you and others ^.^