1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DADT repeal and coming out at the office.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by maverick, Sep 20, 2011.

1. maverick

Preeeeetty sure the coworker I now share an office with knows that I'm gay (not that it's not blatantly obvious or anything, I'm a woman who looks, dresses, and acts like a dude).

She brought up DADT repeal out of the blue (well I guess it's not totally out of the blue, I'm a civvie contractor who works on a military base, but whatever) and went on to say that even though she's Christian, she thinks its completely hypocritical how people judge gays and how she personally doesn't judge anyone based on their sexuality because the Bible says not to condemn others until you're a perfect person, which is never (so never).

<3

This conversation was out-of-the-blue, so I'm pretty sure it was her way of saying, "I know you're gay, it's cool, I don't judge." I didn't come out to her, but the way she brought it up made me feel like I didn't have to.

I did tell her that Michele Bachmann's husband is a flaming homosexual though. :lol:

2. Bosco

<3
    I don't even live in the states, but I think today is definitely worth celebrating :slight_smile:
    And I wish all Catholics and Christians were more like your coworker.
    Yay good news! :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

That's awesome!!! Whether she knows you're gay or not, she surely knows that you're not a right wing extremist, so she felt comfortable sharing her thoughts on the subject with you.