1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is all so hard....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by just b urself, Sep 20, 2011.

1. just b urself

Hey,i know ive been posting alot about the same things and im sorry for that..This is just all so hard..I'm sure you read about how im thinking that i may be transgender(ftm)..and everything just seems to be falling downhill from here..It makes me think even more that i am trans..My feelings just get stronger and stronger for it..Its all i can ever seem to think about and it hurts..i dont knwo a lot about this stuff and it hurts..cuz if i am i wouldnt be able to do anything about it for awhile..i wouldnt even be abel to start doing gender therapy until a little over a year from now and im 17 now..its just i dont have a lot of money..how much does gender therapy cost?..and how do u know if they r real gender therapists?..ive heard people talkin about how some r just christians who try to "cure" u..do u have to do gender therapy?..do u have to see a psychitrist first to get a gender therapist?..someone told me u do..and do u get hormone therapy a lil after gender therapy?..im so confused..so lost..i feel liek my life is slipping away from me..i dont feel liek a Leanna anymore..i feel ugly when i look liek a girl but when i look like aguy..i feel accomplished..i feel like me..sorry this is so depressing but i just dont know what to do....and i cant even bind cuz i dont have money for one....

#1 just b urself, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. LazyApples

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. Not knowing, is sometimes worse than simply hating yourself. Part frustration and part anticipation; it's really just the devil. But you need to remember something, a quote, that you are most probably familiar with: "Don't let what other people think or say about you define you. You are your own person. Define yourself." And that, no matter who it is, that person is beautiful. Also, it may seem like your life is slipping away, but, in reality, it has only just begun. It's hard to think like that, but you still have your whole life ahead of you. I hope that, no matter what you choose, that you are happy.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Never be sorry about needing to vent out. Being confused is hard and you don't have to do it alone.

Do you know if there is an LGBT center near you or at least close enough so you can get there? There is a possibility that they will have a trans meeting or at least know of therapists that know how to handle it.

I know its confusing and scary, but don't let it get you down too much (*hug*)

4. just b urself

Thanks you guys,thanks.its so confusing becuase one day ill be so uncomfortable with myself as physically being a girl and then the next day i feel alright..and i sadly dont have money for a therapist

5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have your parents call their insurance company and ask if they will cover a therapist. Some companies will pay for most if not all of the cost.

Also, remember that school counselors are always there to help you.

6. just b urself

bad thing is,we dont have insuranc..idk even know how to get it..