1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't get over her...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zoezoewriter, Sep 20, 2011.

1. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There's this girl I like who's completely straight. It sucks 'cause honestly, she's just my type except for...ya know... She's really good friends with my best friend, so we usually sit in the same general area at lunch. And she knows I'm bi. And I can't get over her.
    :tears: :help: :tears: :help:

2. Mogget

Unfortunately, the best way to get over a crush is to stay away from that person. You may have to eat with some different friends for awhile until your feelings abate.

3. addie88

i know that when you write this, there's probably that hope in the back of your mind that maybe someone will reply saying "you don't HAVE to get over her! just say these words and she'll instantly fall in love with you!"

sadly...not gonna happen. lol.

but i have the same problem. i've liked this girl for officially six months but i've been attracted to her ever since i met her, four years ago. it's definitely a pain in the butt...especially since i can't really get away from her, because we're both in marching band and that means i see and work with her every single day.

my feelings have kind of abated-- i'm still incredibly attracted to her; she's literally the hottest girl i've ever seen, and her personality and character are just...augh. amazing. but i honestly don't really care anymore... i think you get to a point where you know nothing will ever happen. and part of what keeps that flame of infatuation burning is hope-- which i have none of, so it's like an idle wistfulness that i have. i don't like to say it like that because it makes her sound like an object...but you catch my drift.

i'd advise you to just distance yourself, both physically and emotionally. it's hard (pretty much impossible) to stop thinking about the person you like, but try to change your attitude about it. transition from crushing to admiring.

4. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks. :')