1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this girl.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

Her and I have been friends for like a year and a half and the first time we met I liked her right away and that's weird for me. We were introduced by a mutual friend who I'm very close with so I asked him more about her and he pretty much said she wouldn't really be into me and stuff like that so I didn't try to pursue it and didn't really talk to her much. We hung out one other time after that like 8 months ago and she was like flirting with me and like picking me up and pretending to like throw me in the ocean (we were at the beach). We were with our mutual friend who introduced us so I talked to him about it again and he said "Oh that's just how she is. Don't read into it." so I figured it was just a one sided thing so again I gave up. Her and I started talking again like 6 months ago and I admitted to her that I liked her the first time we met and she said she had liked me too but at that point it was too late because I was with my ex again :/ and we talked on and off for a while but in the past few months we've been talking again (my gf and I aren't together anymore) just as friends but I notice we always end up flirting with each other and that I still really like her and I wish I would have dated her instead of getting back with my ex all those months ago because now she has a gf. But the thing is she talks about her gf and stuff but she flirts with me and tonight we were talking about sex (cause we're big pervs lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and she said something and I said "I don't get any lol" and she said "If only I was single..." so I'm kinda confused. Does she maybe still like me or is she just a big flirt? Should I just give up on the hope maybe something can happen with her some day?

2. jake v

Here's the thing about dating, it isn't permanent. Now if they are living together and planning for the future and are committed just walk away. Don't just wonder what could have been, go for it, if she is as unhappy as you say you might have a chance. The chance of getting hurt feelings is far outweighed by a possible relationship. Good luck

3. Tiny Catastrophe

No it's not like that. They barely see each other and her gf is still in high school

4. jake v

well then why not give it a chance. people think dating is so exclusive but it's about finding the right person. hang out with her and flirt it up, hopefully she will give you a chance.

5. Katelynn

Well, based on what you said, I'd say it's likely she likes you, especially based on when she said 'If only I wasn't single.' It sounds to me like she may be dropping a hint that she's interested, but tread lightly, she may not see her gf all that much still, but her & her gf may still be together. In my experience, breaking up a relationship is not a great position to be in, especially if things fizzle later on in the relationship, because then you find yourself in the lousy position of having someone you care about possibly resenting you for breaking up their last relationship. Just take it slow & talk about things with her first. My best suggestion is wait until she's no longer dating someone else. If you two do have a talk about things & both of you decide to start dating, make it clear that you won't date her until she's spoken with her gf first. I know it sounds lousy that you may find yourself in the position of saying 'End your relationship with her before you can date me', but if you find a diplomatic & sensitive way of expressing that you cannot be with someone who is still seeing someone else, then you put yourself in the position of being 'the other woman', which is also very lousy too. Just be honest with yourself & honest with her, & when all else fails, just rely on your best judgement & common sense, it should steer you the right way!

6. Chickzak

You were on the beach? Thats nice x)
    Are you still in a relationship, hows everything going now?

And if you like her.. I reckon just goo for it.. noo regrets! !

7. Ianthe

Ask her if her relationship is serious. If she says no, tell her.

And the next time she says she wishes she was single, you can say, "Yeah, so do I."