1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More questions..when will the confusion ever end?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by just b urself, Sep 28, 2011.

1. just b urself

So i have a few questions..some important questions..What does being transmasculine mean?on this website i saw this person who said on their profile that they were transmasculine but does anyone know what that mean?and if someone is transmasculine can they still get surgery to change their sex?..and is their a such thing as transfeminine?..and also what does being genderqueer mean?..what is being genderfluid mean?what does intersexed mean?and whats a hermaphradite?sorry about all the questions.im just really confused with these terms.

2. J Snow

Hermaphrodite is a term used to describe people with the both male and female genitals. It has basically been considered a term that is not politically correct and has basically been replaced by intersex, which simply means anyone between the two generic sexes of male and female.

transmasculine and transfeminine I have never heard. I could only speculate that transmasculine is someone who is transitioning to male because they are masculine and transfeminine is someone who is transitioning to be female because they are feminine. I really could only guess on those ones though.

Hopefully someone else will be more knowledgeable than I am.