1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aodh, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Aodh

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a straight male, born that way, who just so happens to be a mtf transvestite in my spare time. For several years I've hidden it from everyone, but lately it's been too much. Admittidly I used to use my mothers clothes, but I had to stop because she almost caught me...My family isn't very open towards these things. I stumbled upon this website after frustratingly searching for relief, and all of you gave me courage to go out. So, early in the morning I went to Walmart and bought some underwear, no questions were asked either. I checked this sight again and read some of your stories before deciding to wear the underwear to school. Nobody looked at me different, in fact, nobody noticed, and I was more comfortable than i've been in years. That's only the first step though-and it's the other steps that scare me the most. I can't imagine telling my sometimes tolerant mother and my homophobic, stereotyping step-father the truth. I almost guaruntee that will end badly...Any advice?

2. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC. I'm glad this site inspired you to take steps towards being a more authentic you.

As for coming out to others - there's no set schedule. When you're ready, you'll know it. If you're in a position where your home life could get really bad, then you might want to hold off for a while. But stick around here and continue to get comfortable with yourself, and everything in turn will get easier.

3. Hot Pink

Coming out was probably the most difficult thing I ever had to do. I came from a heavily religious catholic family, but they all accepted me. I think there might be some people in your life who may already know or suspect something, but they are waiting for you to come to them. It's best to come out to people one-on-one. Try someone you really trust first--if that's what you want to do.

I think it's important to do a self-evaluation. What do you want? Are you okay with only dressing up or do you want more? Do you want to dress however you want all the time or are you okay with doing it as a hobby?