1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do about this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedguy, Sep 29, 2011.

1. confusedguy

So, I attended my first LGBT meeting on my local campus...and it went well. But that isn't the point of the post. You see there was this guy there that I had been seeing around campus and I thought was cute. Well, i got to see him and actually talk to him at the meeting, and now I think I have a crush on him. He is every thing I find sexy and attractive. He is smart, funny, slightly dorky, somewhat awkward. The problem comes from the fact that I don't think he would ever like me. I am not as skinny as he is, not to say he is really skinny, just average i guess, but I'm a little more than average. Not to say Im not huge by any means. The organizations Presidents is about 5 times my size so...yeah. I mean aside from the weight, I would consider myself good looking enough? Maybe? But I feel that there are others in the group that are way better looking than me so he would rather go with them. I have a huge crush on this guy. What should I do with all this considered?

I also can't tell very well when people are interested, so tips on picking that out as well as hints would be great

As always, you are all so helpful and thanks in advance.

2. crazyhead

Well, you've already got a head start ahead of everyone else by getting to know him and letting him get to know you. If you're a good guy, as long as you let him get to know you and like you more, then I don't see why he would ignore you, someone he knows well and likes, just to go for someone who he doesn't know well just for their looks... It wouldn't hurt to flirt a little too. You'll need someone else's help with that. I don't know have to flirt save smiling.

3. Noir

I think you should give yourself a chance. It sounds like you're very self-conscious about the matter and it's making you think you might not be good enough for him simply because of your appearance--if he really was the kind of guy to not even consider you just because you aren't the hottest guy out there, then maybe you don't want to be dating him anyway. He should like you for you, and maybe it just so happens that your personality outshines even the prettiest boys that you're "competing" against. XD

I wish you luck!~