1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed Up and Now Crushing Hard

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Happy Vampire, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Happy Vampire

I'm in my third year at college and still have three years to go. I thought since most of my friends are going to be leaving me in a year or two I would join something I could be apart of. I chose a fraternity on campus. I thought about going Greek last year but I wasn't sure they could accept my sexuality. Well I know now that they have had gay brothers in the past so I decided I would join.
    Well during my first pledge meeting I started talking to one of my pledge brothers. While talking to him I noticed he had a lot of gay tendencies that I see in myself and other guys that I know are gay. Since that first meeting we have hung out quite a bit and I started to develop a crush on him. Then a couple of days ago he asked me why everyone just assumed he was gay. I told him it was his mannerisms. He said that he had to work on that then since he was straight and tried of everyone think he was gay.
    Now I don't know what to do. I really like him a lot. And it isn't like I can cut him out of my life. I really want to get into the fraternity that I am pledging in so I am kind of stuck with him. I just don't know how to stop a crush when I have to spend a lot of time with the person and we talk all the time. So does anyone have any advise on how to stomp out this little flame?

2. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi sweetie! You sound like you're pretty collected about the situation, which is EXELLENT, because you'll make a better decision that way. For the predicament you're in, I would try and put a new picture frame on this guy, meaning view him in a different way. Make it a joke, like "yeahhhh he's my eye candy". Never take it too seriously. Anything that cannot be fixed with duct tape, can be fixed with a sense of humor.

Good luck honey! Much love. :]

3. kunglaomksm

Well sooner or later, you'll find something that will turn you off about him. I know I did on some of my crushes. Just give it some time. Don't fall too hard since it's not worth it.