1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you meet other gays during high school?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by addie88, Oct 2, 2011.

1. addie88

so this is kind of a trivial problem...but now that i have everything figured out and i'm coming out of the closet, i really really want a girlfriend. i know i should be ok with being single but i've been feeling so impatient and lonely lately. and idk how to go about finding someone because the Gay Straight Alliance club at my school meets at the same time as another group that i'm obligated to go to. i don't really know any other gays... i'll definitely get myself out there when i go to college but for the next two years i'm kinda stuck.

2. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello Addie88!

Your school seems decently progressive, seeing that it has that kind of club! The wonderful thing about clubs, is that even if you can't attend every meeting, or be an active member, you can still find out who does! If you can find that out, then you've got a handful of people that you know are your type-- per se. :]
    It's a huge challenge to find someone you're interested in if you don't know where to look, so finding members of that club, and even ones outside of school could make things a lot easier for you.
    Do keep in mind though, that there will be times in your life that you will be alone, and if you don't learn to handle that in this stage of your life, you'll likely have some real problems with it as an adult. So just make sure you are prepared to win AND lose, (none of us can be winners all the time like Chuck Norris). ;] Remeber this things;

-Spend time getting to know yourself, and enjoying your own company. This can really improve your self-esteem, and help you learn the way you handle situations. (Extremely helpful)
    -Learn your "type". Some people know what they want more than others, but if you're someone that isn't so sure, or is just kind-of "shopping around", then take special notice of what you like in parters, and what you really don't. You can learn a lot about yourself, and your emotions, by simply discovering who you enjoy being with. :]

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing how well everything works out. Much love,