1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danny19, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Danny19

aah gosh i dont know what to do. Im so freaken frustrated, stressed and angry at school. I absolutely hate college. Im so angry that im starting to shake. I just dont know what to do. I hate having homework i hate waking up to go spend 75 minutes bored in a classroom. im at the end of my rope with this. I have always been about success and not giving up but i dont know what to do to get over this feeling i have. i just saw that i got a 19% on my math test. ive always been this good and ive never failed a math test. But this teacher is seriously stupid. i hate him and the class with a passion. I cant take it. Its like i want to yell and hit something. AAh i dont know why im posting this i just wanted to write it down. i guess if you have anything to say just tell me.. thanks

2. stilllovelyafte

First off, very typical experience. College is a tough adjustment at first. However, I assure you, it gets easier! First off, the professors that teach first semester first year students are generally the most difficult. They deliberately give tough grades to "acclimate" students to college life. Don't fret. It gets easier. I remember someone advised me to take upper level classes my first year. I thought they were crazy, but I gave it a shot. I ended up getting an A in my upper level classes and bombed the intro classes. Anyway, take a deep breath. You'll do great.

3. ukeye

ukeye Guest

^^ Hey thats cool, I never thought of it like that.. but the intro courses really screwed up my 1st semester too. I still remember how horrible i felt.. I felt so bad that I didn't fail another subject the rest of the degree.

Then there was this one course, statistics that I just despised thinking of.. I really didnt wanna do it, and put it off (it was an intro course). Did it my 2nd last semester, hated it, skipped it and had to study my ass off for a solid two weeks and ended up with a B. So that shows that the further you go, the more adept you get at uni.

Gah, I'm going back next year (haven't studied for 2 years), and I have 2 other statistics courses to do for a psych degree.. I'll probably be posting like OP then hehehe.

4. Mogget

The most important thing you need to do to succeed in college is to know your resources. Are there math tutors? Use them. Does your professor (or his/her TAs) have office hours? Go talk to your prof during them. Do you have friends (or at least acquaintances) in the class? Form a study group with them. In research-based class, learn everything that your library has to offer, especially peer-reviewed journal databases. You can get through this.

5. missyjustice

missyjustice Guest

College is no chill session...well it can be but your grades will suffer. And yes, some professors suck majorly. I suggest you make yourself a schedule. And definitely meet up with TA's if you are having difficulty understanding the professor because they are typically much better at explaining things (at least in my experience, mainly because a lot of them are in school themselves or recent graduates). And hang in there. Study and then allow yourself some fun time to recover. Ask other students for advice who have taken the courses you're taking and get study partners if you think they will help.

6. Danny19

thanks guys.
    just to let you guys know. its my second year already, not first. First year was easy for me. This year isnt that bad. its just that class thats stupid and his office hours are him saying everything all over again.. sucks. so ima just study with my friend and go to tutoring