1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by schoolboy91, Dec 4, 2007.

1. schoolboy91

schoolboy91 Guest

Hello all...
    I have a problem. I am VERY religious. I'm also Methodist, which I believe is one of the most accepting denominations in the Christian religion... but I still have problems accepting that I'm bi (more than likely gay) and thinking that I'm going to hell. I've looked on support sites and all I have found are some verses about how Jesus said that we should love us for who we are, and that people who judge don't mean anything to us... it's when we die that matters. I just don't know where to turn. If anyone can help that would me great.
    thanks...
    michael (&&&)

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Michael there is several posts on here dealing with religion. TimC wrote a couple good ones! There is also some good books on the subject. I have to tell you that that the most loving, Christian PFLAG Mom I know is a Methodist.

3. Zec24

I'm not really sure how to help you there. I'm not overly religious although I was raised Catholic so I certainly understand the guilt religion can bring into this situation. There are some very good threads posted by Tim C on this forum in the Support section I believe that do a good job talking about this stuff.

Just know that you have support from us here at EC. I'm pretty sure God doesn't care either, he loves you all the same.

Sorry if I didn't help much, as I said before look at Tim C's posts. Good luck.

4. pirateninja

Here's a website that deals with a Christian family during the coming out of their gay son: www.familyacceptance.org

I'm not sure just how much that Methodist Christianity differs from Catholisism but I hope it helps.

5. pirateninja

6. schoolboy91

schoolboy91 Guest

thnx to all so very much!! The really did help a lot!

7. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is an article I found a while back written by a Bible Scholar. It highlights some of the uncertainty in the anti-homosexual sections of the Bible: http://www.box.net/shared/qytr3b6v3f

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  9. dhutchid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People never seem to get that the Bible doesn't support homophobia or war or anything like that unless u go looking for obscure passages in the old testiment. If i wanted to support putting babies on pikes i could find a quotation out the Bible to support it.

The new testiment, the teachings of jesus and therefore the most important guide of how christians should live, maintains that you should love one another, your enemies and may only judge if you are devoid of sin. Acting morally comes wayyyyy before who you sleep with.
    Being gay doesn't hurt people, war does yet christians go to war and condemm gays even thought the biblical imperative suggests that war is far worse. There are many sins that need stopped and things needing solved before even the most zealous person can start ranting about gay people.

Furthermore how can any christian believe in a prankster god "testing" your faith with gay thoughts. I also can't believe that god hides dinosaur bones as a test of your faith in genesis but thats another matter.

It is competely wrong that some parents will overlook stealing and racism and throw their children out of home for not following the social norm. Bear this in mind and be proud of wat you are, religion isn't the problem its the bad interpretations.