1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I cut ties with my friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rinto, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I've been bothered lately. I have this friend let's just call "Rose", so she's a girl.
    Around a week ago or so, we've been having no contact with each other. She's totally ignoring me and all. If ever I'll make appearances, she'll leave exactly just about when I was to sit right next to her because of inevitably valid reasons (time for practice, been called by teacher etc.) I got angry but I just can't express it too well so I was able to do it but in a laughable matter. I whupped a notebook to her head with a laughing face, and she thought it was a friendly something so she ignored. I guess my timings were just not right. This continued up to this week.

A couple of days before today, she approached me and began apologizing because, as she said, we've not been able to talk with each other and wished that we talk it out. Exactly at that time, I didn't have much sleep. I am very irritable when I don't get sleep, so I ignored her because I might explode at that time she kept on bugging me. Then she left, since practice is starting again.

The next day, she did the same but she happened to drag me at one corner to talk. I was just so drowsy that I wasn't able to go away far from her. I just didn't answer her questions but she said sorry anyway. Then she started ignoring me once again after seeing a magazine close to me then left again for practice.

There were two reasons I wanted to stay away from her. First, she was annoying me at times I don't want to be annoyed since I didn't have sleep and second, she just keeps on doing the same again and again. She would ignore me then right after a few days I would say sorry again. I'm physically present, always ready to help. But why then at those times she need help, she rely on others while I, sitting exactly and directly at her back, don't get any attention? Everyone else looks at us like we're best friends and I look at her that way. But why is she so... like not what I knew of her? She just keeps on hurting me... She's the only person I ever relied that much of myself. I told her I was bisex, I told her I really am into this guy and that girl and all other secrets of mine. She's the only person I have faith on this place... But how can she be that way...?:tears:

Should I just cut ties with her...?

2. Artemicion

Erm...I don't think she's being rude exactly and I don't think she could tell you were drowsy either. But then again I wasn't there.

The advice I would give you is IF you get another chance to talk to her or when she finds time again to talk to you and you're in an irritable mood/lack of sleep, I suggest you TELL HER. I tell my friends that if im in zombie mode (lack of sleep) or not when they approach me.

You see, a lot of these problems arise out of miscommunication...but as long both sides are willing to listen then all should be well (unless someone's being unreasonable), the only problem is what's left unsaid and the other can't tell what's wrong unless you tell them...

Last but not least, at least she has apologized, but how sincere it is I can't tell because I wasn't there...so yep...this is all I have to say.

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, first of all, you're NOT always there. When your tired, it seems like no one can talk to you.

That's something you're going to have to get over. You'll discover a lot of situations that require you to put too much time into something and you don't get enough sleep, but you'll have to be nice to people anyways. I don't drink coffee, but that might work for you.

It sounds like you're being confusing. You say she isn't talking to you, and yet you avoid her. You either need to be ready to talk to her, or not. She's going to end up getting confused because sometimes you clearly don't want to talk to her.

If she is annoying you that much, and you don't have any other reason to be her friend, then why are you her friend in the first place?

4. Rinto

Rinto Guest

@ThinksTooMuch: The way she said sorry to me was very sincere. She was really saying sorry deep from her heart. But then, she's done this so many times already. I wouldn't want myself to fall again to that. I know she's really sorry, and I appreciate her efforts to continue looking out for me but I don't think she does it in the time where I need it.

@Taylor: I'm her friend because mainly just for the reason she understands me and always with me literally. It's like a one-way relationship with her; I'm the one who keeps on giving but she never turns back anything to me and instead rely on others. Like I said, she's just a friend on fair weather. She's just there when she thinks it's okay but gone whenever I need her.

A while ago, I got contact with her. I said if we could talk about it some other time and I asked for an apology after those times I ignored her. But I still kind of doubt it will settle down for good.