1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting a guy tomorrow. . . .advice?!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PlutonianShore, Oct 5, 2011.

1. PlutonianShore

So my best girl friend, Duné, and I were sitting in the mall yesterday eating ice cream and checking out the hot waiters that worked at a nearby restaurant. She then told me that she wanted to introduce me to one of her gay friends who happened to send me a friend request over Facebook a few weeks ago.

Apparently she's told him a lot about me, me being gay as well included.

So yesterday night we chatted a bit over Facebook and he agreed to meet me for drinks tomorrow.

Now, that's all very well, but the problem is, he'll be the only gay guy in my city that I'll ever get to meet, and I have a tenacity to screw my acquaintances over all due to the fact that I'm socially inept.

To give you an example, I once had this full blood jock sleep over at my house. And in order to ease the awkwardness resulting from the fact that we had absolutely zilch in common, I so brilliantly decided to play Mozart's Requiem in d K626 and tried to explain many of the technical intricacies found within the various movements. F. . .M. . .L!!!!

Anyway, I really don't want to screw this one up.

Advice?

2. Undecided John

The Mozart thing sounds so much like something I would (except that I don't like classic music a lot) LOL!!!

If you are really anything like me, I just wish you luck =P

But, seriously, just keep calm, try to hear more than talk (at least on the begin) so you can find things in common.

Anyway, good luck (again).

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I think you should just be yourself, why would you wanna date someone that you have nothing to talk about with or have in common with :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: where's the fun in that?
    And by the looks of it, it seems he already knows you a bit so I bet who would be expecting the whole Mozart thing

Hope your date?(sounds like a date :wink: ) goes well! :3

4. PlutonianShore

Errr. . .lets just get this clear. It isn't a date. It's simply a mere, friendly social call. It's not as if we're going to be in a relationship, I mean, I haven't even seen the guy.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, calm down! It's going to be okay. :slight_smile: Secondly, be yourself. There's nothing worse then pretending to be someone or something you're not. I'm sure if you stay calm and be yourself things will go smoothly. Good luck! And let us know how it goes! :slight_smile: