1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a vent

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tiptoerainbows, Dec 5, 2007.

1. tiptoerainbows

The way I've come out to my few friends that know about my sexuality, has been a bit unusal, like I didn't physically tell them I'm not as straight as they hoped; it is confusing :confused: . Anyway, I read posts here and got some inspiration to come out to a friend whom I (uh) trust, she isn't like one of my best friends but she's closer than regular friends (even more confusing). But I chickened out. I knew that was going to happen, besides I don't know how she is going to take it.
    Uh, I don't even know how I would explain it to her, I can't just say I am gay, because that would make it definate where I personally view my sexuality like a scale which can move up and down over time.
    Grah, I just want a friend, who I can to just have a conversation about this, that will actually have an effect on what I do, who willl listen, someone with a shoulder I can cry on.
    Whatev, just thanks for letting me vent, and heck, cheers for reading all of that angst. I am just feeling emotional tonight I guess.

2. Level N Human

You can speak to us here, but if you feel ready to come out then its' good to have a shoulder to lean on out there in real life as well. Anyways, some advice: Maybe just pose an open-ended question like ask why it is that a person has to be the other gender as grounds for a romantic relationship. Segue into by talking about how important uou consider perosnality when it comes to a person. Just a suggestion. Go about it however you feel comfortable doing it. No rush . :slight_smile:

3. pirateninja

Well EC's always here!

Unless you mean about somebody you can talk to face to face, in which you maybe have to talk to a close friend, possibly or possibly not the one you mentioned in your post, and maybe explain to them how you veiw your sexuality. Are there other people you can talk to, like a school counsellor or teacher that you can trust?

But like I said, I've cried on a few virtual shoulders here on EC.:icon_bigg

4. tiptoerainbows

That is why I posted here, figured if there is anywhere where I could come to it would be EC. I feel like a real person, because when I'm on my laptop I am quite often more than not on EC and I'm planning to stick around =D