1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this some kinda sign?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

My friends keep telling me and my best friend that we should date and that we are perfect for each other and belong together. Even my friends who don't know her say the same thing and some of her friends say it too. We made it clear that we can't live without each other and we are each other's perfect match in that the qualities we see in each other are the qualities we want in a girlfriend. She's the only person I can honestly trust and I tell her everything and it's the same with her because neither of us trust anyone. All my friends tell us we're "adorable" when we're together because we're both soo happy and we don't let anything bother us (both of us have really difficult lives) and we're like attached at the hip and we get really upset when we have to take her back home. My friends keep telling us "the universe is sending you a message". I don't know what to think of this tho. What do you guys think?

2. Noahroxursox

First of all, is she bi/gay? If she is, then totally!

3. Tiny Catastrophe

Yeah she's gay. But the thing is we don't really look at each other like that or at least I don't think we do...

4. Katelynn

If she's into you as more than a friend and totally willing to be in a romantic relationship with you, I say go for it! Some of the best romantic relationships are ones built on just that kind of amazing friendship first! The only thing I will caution you about tho is that if you two decide that dating each other is what you both want (which it kind of already sounds like), then just be forewarned that in some circumstances, a relationship can go bad, so you want to make sure this is right for both of you before risking such a wonderful friendship. Honestly tho, it sounds like you two or soul mates from what you've said in your post, so I wish you both all the very bust of luck! (*hug*)

5. Tiny Catastrophe

I don't think we're into each other like that. We usually yell at people when they ask if we're dating. Hense the confusion lol

6. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a horrible experience dating my best friend! We were so close and as the 4 years we spent together it gradually fell apart and she is now married to someone else (a man) and we no longer speak bc....I basicly couldn't give her all the things she thought she needed ($$$$$$$)! I guess learning from my mistake if I had a friend I was so close with again I would have a serious talk about a possible relationship before jumping into a bed! Maybe you could ask what she thinks about it if she's your best friend then she will be honest! I hope everything works out for you!

7. Rooni321

If you don't feel like you want to date her then don't. I have this same problem. People think we're dating all the time but I'm gay and he's very straight! Even though I sort of feel obligated to be with him because he likes me, I love him but just as a friend. I can't think of him in any other way, we're just friends for a reason.

8. Tiny Catastrophe

It's not that I feel obligated. I just feel like she's perfect and that she's everything I want but like she's just something I don't think I could ever have

9. seeksanctuary

Ahhhah, so that's the problem? =P I say, just go for it! It sounds like you like her, and she probably likes you, so talk to her about it and see where it goes. She's well within your league, I'm sure.

10. miguelm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ahhhah, so that's the problem? =P I say, just go for it! It sounds like you like her, and she probably likes you, so talk to her about it and see where it goes. She's well within your league, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

^^^ she's right. You guys should talk about it. Its better to find out now. That way you will never ask what could have happened. Good luck :icon_bigg

11. Tiny Catastrophe

Well we talked it out (with a little help from my best guy friend) and it turns out she's liked me for a long time and thought the same things I was thinking and then she asked me out and of course I said yes!! Thanks for the advice everyone :slight_smile:

12. miguelm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OMG congratulations! I'm sooo happy for you! =]