1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As a gay person, have you ever had a crush on a person of the other sex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BloodyRose3000, Oct 10, 2011.

1. BloodyRose3000

I'm kinda confused. I'm 22 and I know I'm gay, but I have a friend who has developed a serious crush on me. She asked me out, and to not look like a jerk I told her I'm gay. But we've still been talking non stop, and she keeps flirting with me, and loving the attention I kept flirting back, and somehow I've developed a crush on her. Not just emotionally, but I even find her sexually attractive. But, I'm not attracted to other women. I don't understand what just happened, and it's kinda scary lol. I think part of what I find attractive about her tho is the fact that she very blatantly wants me and makes no attempt to hide it (and I don't say that to sound cocky. I think I'm quite unnatractive personally, so clearly she just have bad taste LOL).

---------- Post added 10th Oct 2011 at 03:32 AM ----------

And being as self conscious as I am, maybe my attraction to her is just a respomse to the fact that someone is so turned on to me? I don't know.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

It might mean that you are attracted to her because she is giving you the attention that you are looking for, but it might also mean that maybe you just happened to connect with this girl.

Have you thought about giving it a chance at all? Are you attracted enough to her to be in a relationship with her?

3. pronua

Uh, I liked a few girls in 1st grade. I would draw them pictures and play with them, lol

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Crush" is a strong word. I remember quite liking a girl in my grade named Sarah, and I even remember trying to sexually fantasize about her...but I seem to recall that didn't work out so hot. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Mr.Pushover

Yeah, but I imagine it hasn't been a big influence.

6. steel03

I had a big crush on a girl named Tess in fourth grade.
    Now... Rachel McAdams... I mean omg...
    It's kind of like straight guys with "man crushes" and things like that.

7. addie88

people are people. if you happen to connect with this girl, then that's just how it is. you know you prefer guys, you know you're gay, but sometimes it's just gonna happen. we are a complex species-- there's always an exception to everything in the universe.

8. Vesper

Sorta. I tend to like guys who stand out (and NOT physically, LOL) due to having two or more traits I find desirable: kindness, compassion, intelligence, sentimentality, and red hair. Red hair is a particular weakness of mine--I can't resist it in guys or girls. Two or three guys total have met these requirements. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

9. Gambit

yes! 4 times! Actually, I have never had a crush on a guy, although I like men better than women. I still think about one of my crushes from time to time, although I haven't seen her in 5 years.

10. needshelp

honestly, speaking on geniune crushes without me forcing myself to like a woman, not that many. probably a few. the crushes for those girls were no near as intense compared to the crushes i had for certain guys where i thought about them every minute, fantasized, pictured myself being around, etc. a lot of crushes i've had with women were on the basis of me trying to validate my straightness where i felt that needed to have a woman that i liked. it just wasn't something that came about naturally.

#10 needshelp, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011