1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over first love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mydogstewie

Long time, no see, EC.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this belongs here, but, I'm bi and back in January I started dating this girl who seemed perfect.

In April she started being upset and even started to cut herself. It completely destroyed me. She grinded with other guys, and wasn't healthy for me at all. But I loved her more than I loved myself. We were a great couple at times. Then in May through August she started to have a crush on someone else. She would deny it all the time, but I knew there was more than just a friendship.

In early September we finally broke up. It was an ugly breakup.
    Now she goes on and on, on her blog about how she has a huge crush on this boy she was "just friends with" when we were dating.

It just hurts to see her move on so fast, like I was nothing and like everything she ever said was a lie.

I'm hurt. She said she is in love with him and it hasn't even been a month since we broke up.

Why is she doing this, I just need an explanation. :/
    Thank you.

2. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's probably doing that for some attention seeking self validation. my advice to you would be to clear her blog from your browser, defriend her on facebook and don't give her any chance to make you feel depress anymore. I don't think she is worth it if she is willing to go all the way out to hurt you.

You will get better, you're still young and have so much more in life to experience. Don't let one crazy bitch ruin that.

3. Mogget

My first (and so far only) relationship left me completely torn up. And I made some dumb decisions about how to handle it.

*I tried to stay friends. Even though I was still completely in love with him, I tried to maintain a friendship. It wasn't doable. My feelings for him were too strong and by being around him I kept those feelings alive.

*I obsessively checked his Facebook. This constantly reminded me that he was out and about and happy, that dumping me had had no impact on him. Ultimately I had to not only unfriend him but block him so that I couldn't even see him.

*I didn't tell anyone what had happened. I tried to shoulder the burden of the breakup all on my own, I didn't even tell my dad (I was out to him at the time and he's fully supportive). Most of my friends had no idea I'd even dated him, and not being able to talk about it to anyone made the pain worse.

4. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    I agree with the above, you need to cut her out of your life, unfortunately in a lot of cases time is the only thing that can heal the wounds of the heart, and by seeing her blog or Facebook you just press the reset button and end up having to start the whole process over. It makes things seem so fresh which just doesn't help. I also think Liam really had a good point on having a shoulder to lean on. Is there someone who you could tell this to? A good friend perhaps? Just keep your chin up! Life keeps trucking along and so will that big heart of yours. :slight_smile: