1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do about this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lucas52, Oct 10, 2011.

1. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

Ok so even though i'm a guy i go to a all girl school (parents idea since i haven't told them yet). Due to the fact its an all girl school everyone passes bye each other in the hallway and says "hey girl" this really annoys me when people say that to me because they don't know that i'm a guy and they keep calling me a girl. I want this to stop and just let the whole grade know that i'm a boy but i don't think that would be really smart because boys aren't even allowed in the school and everyone would try to kick me out and would hate me because i wouldn't be accepted but i don't want do be kicked out because i like my school and my parents would get suspicious so should i stay in the closet about it?what do i do? :confused:

2. tydro

tydro Guest

What exactly is going on here? Are you a guy or girl? It seems to be you want to be a guy but how are you in an all girls school if you truthfully are not one?

3. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

I am guy in a girls body (transgender) but my parents don't know this so they made me go to an all girl school.

4. J Snow

This is a tough situation. Perhaps it would be a good idea to speak to a school guidance counselor or some other school employee you feel you could trust?

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Jon, but be careful... you're in Tennessee, not exactly a hotbed of enlightened thought about transgender issues, and if it's a religious all-girls school, it's pretty likely they'll be pretty ignorant and possibly bigoted about it. I do think you want to be cautious in who you tell and how you approach things. At your age, your parents and your school could make life really unpleasant for you if they don't understand your issues, and they might try to send you somewhere to get "fixed."

Your best bet might actually be to call or email your local PFLAG chapter and see if there's someone there who can give you some advice. Chattanooga is a big enough city where there's likely an LGBT center as well, so you might also call there... they may have community counseling or support that can help you.

Keep in touch with us and let us know if you need further assistance.

6. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

ok thanks i will observe which teacher might be the best to tell then i might tell them my situation.