1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mr Blahblah, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mr Blahblah

Okay, so I'm out to most of my grade (because of a sort of mini-crush I had on my ex-friend), and there's this one guy that, at the time, I though was "just a little bit shmexy," but now I am reconsidering my feelings have an absolutely massive crush on him. The thing is, he knows I'm gay, and he's showed me some signs of a small attraction:

-I was in the lunch line, and the hand sanitizer dispenser was right in front of me on the wall to my left. The guy in question leaned over and made full contact to get hand sanitizer; from outside the line after he bought his lunch. I thought, also, as I saw him rubbing his hands two feet away from me, that he smirked a little as he walked back to his table. That was when it kind of started.

-In PE, during dodgeball and the like, we're constantly staring each other down, but we never throw a ball at one another, except for one time when he was seeming to be a tease.

-Also in PE, we were playing Dr. Dodge on the same team(actually just last week), and I sort of backed up into him gently, and he sorta stepped into me, and our bodies were crazily overlapped ( :eek: ) with my hand near his--uh, you know--and we kinda stayed there for a second. Then when I took a step forward and turned around and threw a ball to him, he smirked a little and, what do you know? I get hit by a ball square in my nads as I turn around, and go down hard. I laughed a little and went to sit on the bleachers.

I don't know, I think I may be reading everything all wrong or he may be teasing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey Mr.BlahBlah!

Well if there's one thing that I know about straight men, it's that they don't hit other men, mostly because they're scared of lookng gay, and also because.. they're striaght. [: So if he is gay, then there's a real possibility that he is interested in you.
    But the thing is, we can sit here and and speculate all we want about what the signs mean, or if you're misreading, but the truth is, you don't really know anything until you talk to him, and discuss what's going on.
    Sounds scary, I know. In fact, working up the nerve to ask someone if they like you, especially when they're the same sex.. it's one of the hardest things to do. It really is. Lucky for you though, you've got the whole EC team behind you! Personally, I support you, and I know you posess the bravery to go after this guy. And I know everybody on this site feels the same way. [:

Muck love!

3. J Snow

I think Katt's got the right idea. It certainly seems possible that he's into you, or you could be totally misreading things. Of course you'll never know unless you try to talk to him about it. I'm always skeptical about high school situations. I don't want you to get your hopes too high, or put yourself at risk, but reading these kind of threads I almost always get the impression people are reading too much into nothing. I don't feel that way about yours. I think it would be worth talking to him if you are comfortable with it.