1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating, help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thinkpink, Oct 12, 2011.

1. thinkpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have met a nice girl online at [site removed] and wondering if anyone has had dating success online?

2. george678

Well bit more info? I suppose it depends how well you know the person. Then obviously meeting up.

3. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend and I met on an online dating site. He stood out from all the other profiles and the minute I saw him I knew that he was the one, he was so gorgeous. He asked me out, I still remember our first date, I was nervous but he was amazing. We didn't have sex, we just talked late into the night. I waited, a few days later he asked me out again, I knew that he liked me and 3 weeks later we became an item.

Just be yourself, be nice and be her friend. Find out more about her and see if you like her in real life as you like her online. I find that starting slow helps develope a longer lasting relationship. Arrange to meet her at a cafe or somewhere you guys can sit down and have a chat. Don't go to the cinemas because it will be hard to have a conversation inside. At the end of the date, if you like her, give her a smile and say that you hope to see her again soon.

All the best!

4. thinkpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! We've only been chatting for a couple of weeks but I like her. Thinking shouldn't rush meeting, though!