1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met a guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gay Boi, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Gay Boi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I recently met a guy I like but I am not sure if he's gay. I have known him for a few months but we spoke for the first time on the 29th September. I know very little about him and I would like to get to know him better. I regret not introducing myself properly the evening we chatted. He's been on my mind constantly ever since and I want to get to know him better. I need ideas on how to ask him out. We live in the same university residence but I don't know in which apartment he stays in (but I know the car he drives).

On the evening he and I spoke for the first time, I was busy washing my car when he came down to his car parked next to mine. He came to drop off something in his car. He said hi and we chatted for a while. He ended up hanging around his car supposedly fixing a blown fuse while I was busy washing the car. I ended up taking two hours to wash my car because I wanted to be in his presence! There were a few stolen glances and smiles shared between the two of us during the course of the evening. After I was done with the car as I went up the stairs, I looked down to the parking lot and our eyes locked for a few seconds, he smiled and I smiled back. I don't know if he's gay but it felt like he was flirting with me. I don't go falling for every guy that smiles at me but there was something about that evening that made think that he might like me.

2. Connor22

ask him out to coffee or a drink or something casual like that

3. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey you've got nothing to lose, so why not give it a go? Asking him to dinner and talk a bout cars or something, you guys seem to have a common interests there.

4. Gay Boi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice but like I said I don't know if he's gay and I barely know so I don't want to come on too strong. Another thing is in the residence I stay, most people stay in their apartments most of the time. My only hope of seeing him is when we run into each other. I was thinking of leaving a note on his car saying something like "I enjoyed chatting with you the other day and I would like to hangout with you sometime" but I think that might be coming on too strong. He does not seem gay but there is something about him that makes me wonder but I am not sure. But when I remember the way he looked at me as I went up the stairs he might like me or he might be just a friendly guy. Any suggestions?

#4 Gay Boi, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  5. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't mean you're gay just by having dinner. You guys have stuff in common so why can't you hang out as friends? It would be a good opportunity to really get to know him better and if he's interested he might drop hints that he's gay.

Secondly don't drop a note because it's creepy. Ask him out casually like "hey i enjoyed our chat the other day would you like to have dinner sometime?"

6. ukeye

ukeye Guest

Yes I agree that the note is creepy. Just chat to him more, he's likely to be around if you live in the same residence. Ask him out for a drink/coffee or just get to know him, find his interests and then it should flourish (if its meant to be) naturally :slight_smile:. I Think the smile is quite a nice touch, sounds as though he at least likes you as a person and will be a friend.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obvious gargoyle has obvious question. Does he know YOU're gay? Because that's usually the first step.

Lex

8. Gay Boi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At Lexicon he doesn't know I am gay. It was the first time we "met". We haven't even exchanged names yet!

The note is off. I will just wait until I run into him to ask him out for something casual. Dinner is off the question. Only couples go out for the dinner in South Africa.